New York-Long Island

Sands-Lido Beach

The Sands-Lido Beach just was bought over in January and was re-opened after being closed for a while. My fiance and I went there and were offered the world and so many extra's and amazing things... We really liked the place but want to know if anyone has been there for a wedding in the last few months and what they thought...Help!! I need some info

Re: Sands-Lido Beach

• edited December 2011
    Did you ever get a response from anyone about the sands? I am interested in having my wedding there as well.
  • mmaroneymmaroney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE!!!!!!!! Unless you want your wedding to consist of chaos and confusion. Let me start off  on a positive note... food was delicious, good looking venue, and that's about it...... I could spend about two hours writing about everything that went wrong but instead I will list a few the major problems   1. The bridal suite was dirty from the wedding before and their was no one there to greet us, the staff was to busy cleaning up after our wedding to attend to our needs.2. They had OUR GUESTS, who were in dresses, carry chairs down to the ceremony site. 3. Last minuet what we had agreed on about money mysteriously changed 4. they ran out of champagne and then told guests that it was because the bride and groom had requested bud and bud light. The list goes on but I refuse to waste more of my time on this place, what a nightmare!!
  • edited December 2011

I find it it hard to believe that you had such an alleged terrible experience.  We were recently wed at the Sands on Lido Beach and have nothing but praise for the staff and establishment.  From the moment we visited the venue to book our affair we were treated with respect and courtesy.

It is my understanding that it has been under new ownership since 2011 and have only heard great reviews.  Our wedding was a complete success and I can honestly say that it was due to the diligence of the management and owner as well.

I am sorry to hear of your frustrations but maybe you are directing your anger at the wrong party?  the food was amazing, the decor was beautiful, and the vendors were a pleasure to work with and catered to our every need.

Every detail was attended to included all candles were always lit or replaced, our tables were meticulously kept clean, napkins folded, drinks filled and plates cleared immediately.  Our affair was between the hours 7-Midnight and we were actually not rushed out at all and actually left around 1am with plenty of staff on hand to assist with our departure.

In fact when we arrived early at 4:30pm we were greeted with champagne, fruit & cheese platter in the bridal suite.  There was no hesitation on the staff's part to go out of their way to insure the day was special.

I would recommend this venue to anyone whether it be a wedding or any other event they may have.  I am sorry to hear of your issues, and it certainly doesn't match my experience.  Infact the salesman was top notch and followed up on every aspect of the event.

Sincerely,

Victoria B. (now Victoria S.) Laughing

• YOUR MAKING A BAD MISTAKE HAVING YOUR WEDDING HERE THE OWNER AND MANAGER ARE WANNA BE MOBSTERS AND WILL MAKE SURE THEY BULLY YOU INTO GIVING THEM MONEY AND WILL MAKE YOUR BIG DAY A MESS. THEY CALLED COPS ON A WEDDING I WENT TO AND EVERYONE WAS SHOCKED! THEY DIDN'T REALIZE THAT HALF THE GROOMS SIDE WERE DETECTIVES AND COPS THEMSELVES AND AFTER SOME INVESTIGATING LEARNED THAT THE OWNER HAD "CONNECTIONS" NEVER EVEN MADE A FORMAL COMPLAINT HE'S A WANNA BE MOB GUY WHO CALLED HIS FRIENDS OVER TO END THE PARTY EARLY AND SCARE EVERYONE BECAUSE HE WASN'T GETTING MORE MONEY. THIS PLACE IS GROSS I WENT THERE A YEAR BEFORE THE PARTY I WENT TO AND THERE WAS A SMELL IN THE HALLWAY, SAND ON THE FLOOR, I'VE HEARD FROM LOCAL BAKERIES AND CATERERS NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. I WOULD GO TO THE ATLANTIC BEACH LOCATION THIS PLACE NEEDS TO SHUT DOWN. WHAT A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE AND MESS THE BRIDE IN HER DRESS SURROUNDED BY COPS AS THE MANAGER AND OWNER ARE YELLING AT THE GUEST AND VENDORS. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE BESIDES I THINK THEY ARE RACIST AND THIS IS MY OPINION AS A LAWYER AND AS A GUEST AT THE PARTY THE MANAGEMENT WAS BEING BIGGOTS AND EVEN MADE MOCKED THE INDIAN FOOD THAT THEY BOUGHT IN FROM OTHER CATERERS SAYING IT WAS DOG FOOD AND DISGUSTING. 

STAY AWAY GO SOMEHWERE ELSE HAVE A GOOD TIME BUT DONT GO HERE YOU'LL BE DOING EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF. AND DON'T LISTEN TO VICTORIA SHE IS OBVIOUSLY MANAGEMENT FROM THE SANDS ANY SMART PERSON CAN SEE THAT. 

• Are your opinions based on the old or new management?? They have new owners now since 2011. So i was wondering if your experience was based on the previous management or the current management? Pleae let me know. I spoke with Lori from there the other day about possibly having my wedding there and am curious as to who you dealt with. please respond...In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_sands-lido-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:95d3289c-3e27-41c1-8d18-871e2dbacab5Post:aaf6f13d-5063-48ee-abad-2e2d324ba037">NIGHTMARE!! DONT DO IT</a>:
    [QUOTE]YOUR MAKING A BAD MISTAKE HAVING YOUR WEDDING HERE THE OWNER AND MANAGER ARE WANNA BE MOBSTERS AND WILL MAKE SURE THEY BULLY YOU INTO GIVING THEM MONEY AND WILL MAKE YOUR BIG DAY A MESS. THEY CALLED COPS ON A WEDDING I WENT TO AND EVERYONE WAS SHOCKED! THEY DIDN'T REALIZE THAT HALF THE GROOMS SIDE WERE DETECTIVES AND COPS THEMSELVES AND AFTER SOME INVESTIGATING LEARNED THAT THE OWNER HAD "CONNECTIONS" NEVER EVEN MADE A FORMAL COMPLAINT HE'S A WANNA BE MOB GUY WHO CALLED HIS FRIENDS OVER TO END THE PARTY EARLY AND SCARE EVERYONE BECAUSE HE WASN'T GETTING MORE MONEY. THIS PLACE IS GROSS I WENT THERE A YEAR BEFORE THE PARTY I WENT TO AND THERE WAS A SMELL IN THE HALLWAY, SAND ON THE FLOOR, I'VE HEARD FROM LOCAL BAKERIES AND CATERERS NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. I WOULD GO TO THE ATLANTIC BEACH LOCATION THIS PLACE NEEDS TO SHUT DOWN. WHAT A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE AND MESS THE BRIDE IN HER DRESS SURROUNDED BY COPS AS THE MANAGER AND OWNER ARE YELLING AT THE GUEST AND VENDORS. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE BESIDES I THINK THEY ARE RACIST AND THIS IS MY OPINION AS A LAWYER AND AS A GUEST AT THE PARTY THE MANAGEMENT WAS BEING BIGGOTS AND EVEN MADE MOCKED THE INDIAN FOOD THAT THEY BOUGHT IN FROM OTHER CATERERS SAYING IT WAS DOG FOOD AND DISGUSTING.  STAY AWAY GO SOMEHWERE ELSE HAVE A GOOD TIME BUT DONT GO HERE YOU'LL BE DOING EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF. AND DON'T LISTEN TO VICTORIA SHE IS OBVIOUSLY MANAGEMENT FROM THE SANDS ANY SMART PERSON CAN SEE THAT. 
    Posted by marybride7780[/QUOTE]
  • Are your opinions based on the old or new management?? They have new owners now since 2011. So i was wondering if your experience was based on the previous management or the current management? Pleae let me know. I spoke with Lori from there the other day about possibly having my wedding there and am curious as to who you dealt with. please respond... In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_sands-lido-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:95d3289c-3e27-41c1-8d18-871e2dbacab5Post:48f30877-1904-4086-b300-d489b0a2e8a1">Re: Sands-Lido Beach</a>:
    [QUOTE]DO NOT HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE!!!!!!!! Unless you want your wedding to consist of chaos and confusion. Let me start off  on a positive note... food was delicious, good looking venue, and that's about it...... I could spend about two hours writing about everything that went wrong but instead I will list a few the major problems   1. The bridal suite was dirty from the wedding before and their was no one there to greet us, the staff was to busy cleaning up after our wedding to attend to our needs.2. They had OUR GUESTS, who were in dresses, carry chairs down to the ceremony site. 3. Last minuet what we had agreed on about money mysteriously changed 4. they ran out of champagne and then told guests that it was because the bride and groom had requested bud and bud light. The list goes on but I refuse to waste more of my time on this place, what a nightmare!!
    Posted by mmaroney[/QUOTE]
  • Are your opinions based on the old or new management?? They have new owners now since 2011. So i was wondering if your experience was based on the previous management or the current management? Pleae let me know. I spoke with Lori from there the other day about possibly having my wedding there and am curious as to who you dealt with. please respond... In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_sands-lido-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:95d3289c-3e27-41c1-8d18-871e2dbacab5Post:aaf6f13d-5063-48ee-abad-2e2d324ba037">NIGHTMARE!! DONT DO IT</a>:
    [QUOTE]YOUR MAKING A BAD MISTAKE HAVING YOUR WEDDING HERE THE OWNER AND MANAGER ARE WANNA BE MOBSTERS AND WILL MAKE SURE THEY BULLY YOU INTO GIVING THEM MONEY AND WILL MAKE YOUR BIG DAY A MESS. THEY CALLED COPS ON A WEDDING I WENT TO AND EVERYONE WAS SHOCKED! THEY DIDN'T REALIZE THAT HALF THE GROOMS SIDE WERE DETECTIVES AND COPS THEMSELVES AND AFTER SOME INVESTIGATING LEARNED THAT THE OWNER HAD "CONNECTIONS" NEVER EVEN MADE A FORMAL COMPLAINT HE'S A WANNA BE MOB GUY WHO CALLED HIS FRIENDS OVER TO END THE PARTY EARLY AND SCARE EVERYONE BECAUSE HE WASN'T GETTING MORE MONEY. THIS PLACE IS GROSS I WENT THERE A YEAR BEFORE THE PARTY I WENT TO AND THERE WAS A SMELL IN THE HALLWAY, SAND ON THE FLOOR, I'VE HEARD FROM LOCAL BAKERIES AND CATERERS NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. I WOULD GO TO THE ATLANTIC BEACH LOCATION THIS PLACE NEEDS TO SHUT DOWN. WHAT A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE AND MESS THE BRIDE IN HER DRESS SURROUNDED BY COPS AS THE MANAGER AND OWNER ARE YELLING AT THE GUEST AND VENDORS. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE BESIDES I THINK THEY ARE RACIST AND THIS IS MY OPINION AS A LAWYER AND AS A GUEST AT THE PARTY THE MANAGEMENT WAS BEING BIGGOTS AND EVEN MADE MOCKED THE INDIAN FOOD THAT THEY BOUGHT IN FROM OTHER CATERERS SAYING IT WAS DOG FOOD AND DISGUSTING.  STAY AWAY GO SOMEHWERE ELSE HAVE A GOOD TIME BUT DONT GO HERE YOU'LL BE DOING EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF. AND DON'T LISTEN TO VICTORIA SHE IS OBVIOUSLY MANAGEMENT FROM THE SANDS ANY SMART PERSON CAN SEE THAT. 
    Posted by marybride7780[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards