South Carolina

Old Sheldon Church Ruins in Beaufort, SC

Does anyone know if you can get married here? Does anyone have any idea how to go about it or have pictures from a wedding there?

Re: Old Sheldon Church Ruins in Beaufort, SC

• edited December 2011
    http://www.britesideproductions.com/blog/?p=69

Check out that link to see a video of a weding there! It's beatiful!

I found this info on another site:
    you will need to contact the St. Helena's Parish church in Beaufort. Their telephone nuber is 843-522-1712
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Hey there. I am having my wedding at the Old Sheldon Church Ruins in October.  If you are interested in having your wedding here, you need to get in touch with Kathy Sammons at 843.466.0151.  She is in charge of booking weddings at this venue.  The cost I believe is $1000 and you may only have a ceremony at this site.  They only host one wedding per day.

The other regulations that she will tell you about are 1. You must be married by someone who is ordained by some church. You cannot have someone who is not religiously affiliated and you will be required to show proof of church involvement.  and 2. You cannot put any decorations physically on the structure due to the historic fabric of the building.  I can give you more details if you need them.

If you know your dates, you had also better be flexible because this place fills up fast for obvious reasons.  Good luck and let me know if I can be of any more help!
    imageimageimage
    The Kids (from left) Hugo, Siberian Husky, Claire at 3 wks, Human, Roman, Siberian Husky
    Proud US Navy and Law Enforcement WIFE!
    BFP 10.29.10-Norah Claire born 07.03.11

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Got this link from Hart to Heart Media on a wedding they did at the Sheldon Church Ruins. The place looks amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    This is my dream venue. Any info you get I'd be interested in as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards