Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Martha's Vineyard Rehearsal Dinner

For those of you getting married on MV, where did you or are you having your rehearsal dinner? And did you include out of town guests? We are trying to figure out what to do, since everyone is from out of town.

Re: Martha's Vineyard Rehearsal Dinner

• edited December 2011
    We included all our out of town guests. We figured it was only appropriate since most of them came in by ferry or plane that Friday night. Offering hospitality to guests who travel rather far and stay over two nights is really the least we could do.

We had passed hors d'oeuvres and dinner buffet in case some people got their later than others they could still help themselves. We rented out the Sand Bar and Grille in Oak Bluffs as that was right near our rehearsal at Our Lady, Star of the Seas. Our menu included seafood, steak and chicken and it was all fantastic!

The Wharf and Atria in Edgartown were very accomodating when we were planning our RD, but in the end we decided to go with a venue in the same town as the ferry and the church.
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Grill is a nice place to host the RD.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Lola's - they are back in business after they let in another restaurant for a bit...they charge about $65 a head to start...and you can have the back patio or one of the main dining rooms - 65 a head seems to be the agreed upon going-rate for all MV businesses - caterers and restaurants! ...my fiance dealt with the owner of Lola's and she was lovely however, we decided to have our RD at the house my fiance's family is renting in Edgartown - beautiful 1790 captain's home...we are inviting everyone who will be on the island...we figured if everyone was coming so far, we should extend the invite to all.  Atria where I am having my reception might also be worth checking out. They are "fairly" reasonable - as MV places go!  Or look into Homeport in Menemsha or the OCean Club in Oak BLuffs?   Also - LAtanzi's could be good in Edgartown - fits 80 tops but the owner Albert is lovely.  Chescas or Alchemy also do RD's depending on the night...
  • hminer4hminer4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Meaghan - If you don't mind me asking how was the pricing at the Sand Bar? My FH and I are thinking about hosting a small welcome party on Thursday night for extended family and friends that arrive extra early but are worried that its outside our budget.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards