South Asian Weddings

Bachelor Parties - What you REALLY think

What do you ladies think of bachelor party festivities...the traditional 'strip club' scene, in general. I'm really, REALLY laid back but that's one thing I can't get behind. Sorry, if we're getting married, you getting a girl grinding on youd doesn't really seem like a necessary tradition. We have a number of other ones to follow, you can let this one go.

I'm cool about everything but naked chicks around my man. So sue me, right?

I trust HIM, it's just an environment that makes me happy. He feels the same way.

What do you guys think? Any objections to your guys stag night / bachelor party?

Re: Bachelor Parties - What you REALLY think

• SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Er, it just ISN'T an environment that makes me happy.
  • edited December 2011
    I try not to think about the Bachelor party... I did once and I cried. lame right? LOL
    so i told him to never speak of the party after the wedding
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bachelor Parties.....hmmmm...Did I mention he was a sailor???  I don't actually know if he will have a Bach party, but I don't really mind (I think), I prefer iif he wouldn't but I know all his friends and I know whether he wants to or not would have to have some naked chicks thrown in there because it will be his friends planning the party. 

But needless to say, I am not worrying much about it whatever way it goes.  I don't want to restrict his friends from doing something for him, and what they want to do, it must be a guy thing for sure, because I don't get it. 
  • Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bachelor-parties-really-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:fb6653e2-76a9-4835-894e-a3b45fcbe1e8Post:787fb6b0-03c6-458c-9a8b-881afd301f46">Re: Bachelor Parties - What you REALLY think</a>:
    [QUOTE]I try not to think about the Bachelor party... I did once and I cried.Posted by trueleo818[/QUOTE]

OMYGosh....I cried too....i try not to think about it as much anymore.

My FI has told me what they plan on doing.  And yes I'm not completely comfy but when it's my bachelorette party ....he's going to be uncomfy - whats a girl to do??.

(Makes me think should we have just done a jack and jill? but then we wouldn't be able to have the girls only - boys only respectively - weekend away.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly I don't care. Jeff doesn't really like the strip clubs, but he's having almost 3 bach parties and I told him I didn't really care. He knows if he crosses the line it's over and the same applies for anything I do on my nights out! His friends all know me and won't put him in a bad situation. Plus, after he goes out for other friends bach parties he says he realizes how lucky he is to have me... I don't know what happens there, but hey he's all kinds of couple cute for a week after. I love it!
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bachelor-parties-really-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:fb6653e2-76a9-4835-894e-a3b45fcbe1e8Post:dd7eafc8-fbea-4b91-a64b-e694719b08b9">Re: Bachelor Parties - What you REALLY think</a>:
    [QUOTE]...Did I mention he was a sailor??? Posted by Hinaj[/QUOTE]

Ohh thats why you have popeye (thee sailor maaan) in your avatar...cute!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bachelor-parties-really-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:fb6653e2-76a9-4835-894e-a3b45fcbe1e8Post:b64e893b-6fbb-48b5-b405-bfee10703a2f">Re: Bachelor Parties - What you REALLY think</a>:
    [QUOTE]Plus, after he goes out for other friends bach parties he says he realizes how lucky he is to have me...
    Posted by Jeff and Deepthi[/QUOTE]

That's really cute/sweet.
    I think for me its just a bit of insecurity...which i should really shake off!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boyfriend has told me of going to bachelor parties and literally SEEING the groom cheat. He walked out of one, he couldn't be a part of that.

Also, I don't think women really go see strippers on their bachelorette parties. At least, I'm not. I'm cool for drinks, a spa, dinner, going out and dancing, looking dressy and cute and opening a bunch of wedding night related gifts.
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are right about that Sonali, but we just have to trust that our FI are better people than that.    Because if a guy can cheat on his FI days before the wedding, what's to stop him from doing it after the wedding? 

Although, I do tease him that I will have a bachelorette party with strippers lol, just to tease him.  I told him it should be equal, he does not like the idea of that.  LOL.  Personally, I would prefer a nice evening of good friends, good food, a relaxing spa weekend. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Male genitalia is not all that interesting.

Seriously.

I don't need to see it in front of my face with friends drinking watered down cocktails in a strip club where the other guests are cougars.
  • edited December 2011
    hahaha.. I agree!!! The thought of a male strip club is gross!!! You really do have to trust him. I've heard of idiot guys cheating on their fiances and I just can't believe them.. Why are you getting married?? I know he wouldn't do that to me and if he does then I know what I'll do.
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bachelor-parties-really-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:fb6653e2-76a9-4835-894e-a3b45fcbe1e8Post:e4ec1ac6-b6b3-481b-a596-5c02775bbc58">Re: Bachelor Parties - What you REALLY think</a>:
    [QUOTE]My boyfriend has told me of going to bachelor parties and literally SEEING the groom cheat. Posted by SonaliPop[/QUOTE]

That is terrible!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with you Sonali, no strip club grossness for me or him. He told me he hates strip clubs, its a waste of money and a tease, he said he doesnt need that when he got a woman of his own!! lol..he loves spending time with his guy friends doing goofy guy stuff, they are having a good old goofy guy time in New Orleans, and their theme is cut-off shirts with funny names for each guy written on them (FI use to wear cut-off shirts to the gym and rumor has it they called him the sleeveless warrior..lol) For my bach party, its my shower and party combined since friends are coming from far away places, we are doing wine tasting, comedy club and games and dinner and then going out at night in NYC..am excited to see all my lovely girls :)
  • edited December 2011
    I hate the idea of wild bachlor/bachlorette parties. I think it is just stupid. I guess I'm just traditional. I think it is better to have a nice dinner/outing with your girl friends/guy friends and leave all the wild stuff out of it out of respect to your partner.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The bachelorette parties that I've been to in Toronto have not been spa days....

They usually consist of some type of naughty activities, lots of cocktails, usually a night or two of clubbing (which includes this 'sticker game' played with the other patrons at the club) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bhanu - Yeah! He went to one bachelor party with some of his boys, he was more of an acquaintance of the groom. They basically had hired - instead of strippers - HOOKERS to um...do some favors for some of the guys. My boyfriend walked straight out when he figured out what was going to happen, and I think it pretty much disgusted him. Can you imagine that poor girl? Marrying a guy and she probably had no clue.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really care either. FI isn't into the strip-club scene (he doesn't even like Hooters, and those girls are clothed, however scantily). If there is a bachelor party happening at all it'll most likely be a gamer-geek thing.

To be honest, I'd probably cry too if he opted to go to a strip club. It isn't that I distrust him - I know he'd know better than to do anything untoward. It's that I don't like the idea of some other woman touching on MY man. I'll share secrets, clothes, recipes, anything else - but I do NOT share my soon-to-be husband!

I'm kinda the same way about my own bachelorette party. I'm not into the obnoxious, slutty, drunken "nights on the town" that involve drinking alcohol out of a genitalia-shaped cup and making random men pay me to kiss/grope/whatever me. I told my girls that if they're going plan something at all it should be classy and tasteful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate those stupid bachelorette party challenges the bride has to complete.

I don't want to play those games. I just want to have a fun night.

Seriously.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bachelor-parties-really-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:fb6653e2-76a9-4835-894e-a3b45fcbe1e8Post:d744986f-0eb6-4427-86ca-eccc9a3d6d51">Re: Bachelor Parties - What you REALLY think</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I hate those stupid bachelorette party challenges the bride has to comple</strong>te. I don't want to play those games. I just want to have a fun night. Seriously.
    Posted by SonaliPop[/QUOTE]

I'd be pissed if I had a few challenges to completed @ my bach party. wth?! its MY PARTY!

I'd much rather go to a spa or a mini getaway for the weekend. STRIPPERS AND MALE PROSTITUTES ARE SOOO NOT IN THE PICTURE!
  • RowHarryRowHarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me start by saying this isn't meant to offend any brides-to-be or those who are genuinely fine with the idea; but I am 100% against it before and during a marriage, no strippers, period.
    Firstly It makes no sense to me that part of the festivites leading up to our marriage should be my fiance having naked women dry humping his crotch area.
    I am not one of those women who thinks "I ride the bike I don't care who puts air in the tires".  I don't want him to be sweet and cuddily or attracted to me after seeing other naked women; I would like to think that he could get that way with some effort on his part beforehand. 
    Some woman say things like ;If he is gonna cheat he could do it after, etc...true, but I am not going to green light any activity putting my partner in a position that could jepordize our relationship.
    Then if you think his friends are on your side; that is not always the case.  If you have ever been to a bachelor party you might find that a lot of times they lose their mind and push it as far as the stripper is willing to take it.
    If you don't want to hear about it after, then that means you prob. are not cool with it.  Why try and be cool with it.  It's not part of the S.A. culture anyway.
    And most of the time a groom is just fine with you and male strippers because they assume all of them are gay.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, telling you like it is.
    I told my fiance when we were dating that I expect that stuff to be well out of his system if he is in a commitment mindframe.
    I also told him early on that if I were to have a bachelor party I would be the one that was stripping and I would pick the man of my choice to be dancing on.
    Well, that seemed to bug him...see if your hubby is cool like that and then I would say that you could green light it...but I bet they are not cool like that.
    And finally, everytime I watch a bridal show on channel 59 on Sundays We Go Bridal night they show brides who said they were cool with it and always ALWAYS the groom and bride fight when he gets home or before the wedding...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards