June 2014 Weddings
Options

Tuesday QOTD

BABIES! ...I love babies :)

Have you and your FI/H talked about a baby plan? Do you want children (or already have children? If so, when, how many, and names.

--------
FI and I have talked about it a lot actually. We both love children and would love them. We want to wait until we have married around a year before we start trying to conceive. I think 2-3 is a good number :)

Boy Names!
Mason Ray
Cooper Dean
Ezra

Girl Names!

Elizabeth
Allison

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tuesday QOTD

• Options
    Ooooo good question!

Definitely want kids!  I want 3 or 4 and FI said... "We should start with 1"  so I definitely want boys and girls and FI just wants girls.  I hadn't really thought about any names at all but I love the names Kyleigh and Ashlynn for girls and Braiden for a boy.  I can't think of any others at the moment.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_tuesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:3e4924d6-9a93-4103-98d1-ade7559104bePost:0f0a95c8-12f8-49be-83dd-db9fe68d9254">Re: Tuesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooooo good question! Definitely want kids!  I want 3 or 4 and FI said... "We should start with 1"  so<strong> I definitely want boys and girls and FI just wants girls.</strong>  I hadn't really thought about any names at all but I love the names Kyleigh and Ashlynn for girls and Braiden for a boy.  I can't think of any others at the moment.
    Posted by joe&cassie[/QUOTE]

How funny! FI only wants boys. He gets upset talking about having girls because he knows she would grow up and start dating.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We both want kids! :)  We were thinking around 2 or 3 years after we're married. We want boys and girls and talked about having 3 or 4. :) And we both liked the names Olivia, Evelynn, and Anna for girls and the names Liam and Ethan for boys.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_tuesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:3e4924d6-9a93-4103-98d1-ade7559104bePost:f793a747-07f1-453e-a9fd-23bc6f37a43d">Re: Tuesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday QOTD : How funny! FI only wants boys. He gets upset talking about having girls because he knows she would grow up and start dating.
    Posted by SugarFoote[/QUOTE]

FI doesn't want boys because he is in a wheelchair and so he wouldn't be able to do the father son things with them.
  • Options
    We both want kids! We want two kids, to keep things even. We both come from families of three kids, and we always felt that it was unfair and that there were always two against one. So that is how we landed on the idea of having two.

I would love to have twin girls, or just two girls in general. But FI is hoping for one boy and one girl. I honestly don't care either way, I know that I will be happy no matter what. Even if I end up with two boys.... well maybe haha. I feel like I'll need at least one little girl to help me keep my sanity! lol

I would like to have my first when I am around 24-25 and then my second around two years after that. So we will be married for 2-3 years before we have one. Which I think gives us enough time to begin to establish our lives, jobs, and home together. One thing I am adament about though is having all of my kids before I am 30. I don't want to be an "old" mom. Well, my mom adopted me when she was 30, and she just turned 50 this year. I wouldn't say she's an "old" mom, but I just want to be younger when I have my kids, you know what I mean?

I also have a list of potential baby names saved on our laptop. There's like 20-some girl names and about 15 boy names. Yeah, I have problems. Glad to see though that I'm not alone in already thinking about kids!
  • Options
    HTR10HTR10 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_tuesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:3e4924d6-9a93-4103-98d1-ade7559104bePost:12560c34-91e5-48b3-b316-a28ab6c8976c">Re: Tuesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]We both want kids! We want two kids, to keep things even. We both come from families of three kids, and we always felt that it was unfair and that there were always two against one. So that is how we landed on the idea of having two. I would love to have twin girls, or just two girls in general. But FI is hoping for one boy and one girl. I honestly don't care either way, I know that I will be happy no matter what. Even if I end up with two boys.... well maybe haha. I feel like I'll need at least one little girl to help me keep my sanity! lol I would like to have my first when I am around 24-25 and then my second around two years after that. So we will be married for 2-3 years before we have one. Which I think gives us enough time to begin to establish our lives, jobs, and home together. One thing I am adament about though is having all of my kids before I am 30. I don't want to be an "old" mom. Well, my mom adopted me when she was 30, and she just turned 50 this year. I wouldn't say she's an "old" mom, but I just want to be younger when I have my kids, you know what I mean? I also have a list of potential baby names saved on our laptop. There's like 20-some girl names and about 15 boy names. Yeah, I have problems. Glad to see though that I'm not alone in already thinking about kids!
    Posted by crb2013[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh my gosh! I have a list on my iphone of all my favorite names (WAY more girl names). I run names by my FI all the time and make sure to write down the ones we both like. I have an obesssion with baby names. As far as a timeline goes...I think it more depends on our employent/financial situation. I HAVE to be done with school (2015ish I think--for my PhD). So after that point I'm not sure what is better for my career/body as I will be at least 30 when I graduate :)

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards