South Asian Weddings
Options

Dilemma of mismatching with the Groom

So I got carried away when me and my FH went shopping for his sherwani last month. I got him a blue sherwani, not the traditional color..but it has some red beads so I got a red scarf and premade pagdi(turban) with it. So it didnt hit me till a week later after we purchased the sherwani, that my morning lehnga is going to clash with him, I been going back and forth wondering about what to do. I hate for him to have to struggle to find time to come down again to do shopping again for another sherwani and other one(although not too expensive) will be just sitting there. The color am wearing in the morning are light pink lehnga skirt (the lehnga skirt has some green in it) with a green blouse, the pink is not by any means hot pink its darker than baby pink, more like a salmon pink. I am worried if I am going to clash with him when taking photos.Any suggestions? I definitely fixed this mistake so it doesnt happen for the reception dress. 

Re: Dilemma of mismatching with the Groom

• Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you put pics up of both of your outfits? 
  • Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bells - That's what I was thinking too.  Because my colors for the reception are blue and pink and they look great.  I asked for the picture just to be see what Nicky was talking about.  Maybe you can change the red scarf and pagdi to a colors much similar to your outfit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi girls,

Here is the picture of the sherwani and lehnga..Keep in mind he is not wearing blue stohl with it as shown in the picture..his stole is red and gold.Bells, I think me getting him a green stohl wont look right with his outfit.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you bells, I like the idea of getting him a gold stohl and a gold pagdi.He said he does not want to have green stohl and pagdi.Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards