Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

XP: How to list officiant in program

Do any of you know how I would list a Magisterial District Judge (Justice of the Peace) in our wedding program? Would I do "Magisterial District Judge John R. Doe, Esquire?"  
Note: I added esquire because it's included in his title in all e-mail correspondence (his signature is just "John R. Doe, Esquire" but I should probably point out that my e-mails have been to his address associated with his law office).
21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: XP: How to list officiant in program

• Options
    we put
    "Officiant"
    nameandtitleofofficiant.

simple.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    Judges have the title "honorable" for life. Chief Judge John Walker would be listed in a wedding program as:

Officiant: Hon. John Walker

"Esquire" has no role in traditional etiquette, not for Americans. It's a pompous affectation of law school graduates. (I am one, and use it only where I might be confused with my secretary otherwise.) It's not used by judges. Again, they use "Honorable."
  • Options

The judgeship makes his title Honorable and just leave off the esquire. 

Officiant:   Honorable John R. Doe

• Options
    The best way to know is ask the officiant. Many have specific wording or spelling preferences. And it is not rude to ask them how they would like to have their name appear. Ours likes to have his middle initial included as that is how he legally signs our papers.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I thought it was a silly question to bother him with, but I did e-mail him and got an answer.

His response was to list him as Magisterial District Judge John R. Doe, Esquire.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards