Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Tuesday

Good morning all! 

Great work on Monday!  What is on the agenda to keep going today?

I'm doing 20 min on ellyptical and 10 on stairs before my body works class (lifting dumbells at a fast pace- legs, arms and abs!) 

I feel myself getting stronger!  Love it! 

Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday

• On Monday I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and about 150 crunches.  I want that flat belly!

Today, I plan on doing 45-60 minutes on the elliptical and some more crunches.  If I feel ambitious, I may try to run 15 or so minutes on the treadmill.  My arms are still a little sore from lifting on Saturday; otherwise I would do some lifting as well.  We'll see!

Anniversary image

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Morning, nice work everyone!

I lifted last night and put in 40 minutes on the elliptical.  I think I may have to up my resistance on the elliptical for next time. 

Tonight I'll go for a 4-6 mile run. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • No working out last night unfortunately.  My shins were bothering me like crazy and yesterday ended up being a not-so-good day so here's to hoping today is better!
  • I lifted weights and ran 3 miles on the treadmill. 

Oh- and let me gripe about something...
    Some middle aged guy with a beer gut and a baseball hat came up to me on the treadmill (right after lifting weights) and was like "Hey, you're not around here often are you?"  I told him no, not really, only when I oversleep for Body Sculpt class.  He said, "Well, you are more than welcome to come over here [gestured to the free weight section] anytime!" 
    Well DUH!  I wanted to come back with "It's kind of included in my membership fee, so yea, I can go over there anytime I want" but unfortunately I was running at the time and didn't have the breath for my witty comeback...
  • edited January 2012
    Nice work ladies!!

Spin class this morning. I don't love this Tuesday morning instructor with her weird music, but there are only two 5:45am classes offered during the week. I hate going to the gym at night and am almost always busy after work, so I try and get myself up in the morning. I have found for me if I have to choose between social life and gym I almost always choose social life, so morning works for me.

lbarr - hope your shins feel better!

medi - that guy sounds like a total creepster...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • medic- That made me laugh.  Yeah, complete creeper.  That reminded me that I had one guy essentially applaud me after my treadmill sprints.  It was awkward.  Another "check" to the list of why I hate the gym sometimes,well, most times.
  • Ew, Medi, dude sounds like a total creeper. And why on earth would he think a good time to strike up conversation is when you are in the middle of a run on a treadmill?   A trainer at my gym tried to do this once, and I almost fell off.  I had my music in, and was really focused, she scared the shiit out of me.  And the worst part was, I couldn't even tell her off because I was on my third mile and couldn't catch my breath.
  • edited January 2012
    Jude- I remember you telling us that story!  I didn't almost fall off (thank goodness!), but I may or may not have given him an irritated look... I think he was trying to be nice, as in 'hey, I don't see you lifting really often I hope all the sweaty, grunting, huffing, and puffing men over here didn't scare you off' but it definitely came out a little creepier than he meant it.  I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but really- it was an interesting encounter.

ETA- lbarr, did you ever get new shoes?  Put your legs in a 5gal bucket of ice water for about 8 to 10 minutes, & hopefully your shins will feel better :)
  • I just finished Insanity Cardio Recovery.

I thought that meant it would be a toned down cardio workout.  Yeah...no, you recover from the cardio with....strength stuff, really.  My legs are shaking.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • medic - No :( bad bad Lele.  I was supposed to but kept pushing it off and after my run outside on Sunday it became quite apparent that I need new ones.  Usually I can use a compression wrap to fend off the new shoe bit for awhile but I lost it.  So that means new shoes is a MUST.  

J&K - I've been curious how Insanity is going for you?  I want to do it but don't know if I really have time... but mainly I'm not sure I have adequate space :(
  • lbarr, I'm loving it so far!  I wasn't in the best shape when I started (the fit test made me walk funny for 2 days) so I split the first week into two weeks, and I'm about to finish that up and move into doing it as written.  The longest workout is 55 minutes, which isn't too bad.

And as far as space, you really don't need much.  You need enough room to jump (so no low ceilings, and I wouldn't do it if you live above someone!), and a little room to move laterally and foward and back, but the amount of space I actually use is probably only about 6 sq feet. 

• heyjude23heyjude23 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    J&K- I'm glad you like Insanity.  I'm saving up to buy it, hopefully I'll start it this summer.  Oh, and I tried that PB cookie recipe from your blog like 2 weeks ago.  Amazing.

lbarr- I'll ditto Medi on icing.  I used to do full ice baths in college after tough practices, and my body felt so much better the next day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:19ea9180-9181-449f-82d0-1f22db8cb9a3Post:db7cff56-7c53-408f-8ac6-8220952c2d3d">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]lbarr, I'm loving it so far!  I wasn't in the best shape when I started (the fit test made me walk funny for 2 days) so I split the first week into two weeks, and I'm about to finish that up and move into doing it as written.  The longest workout is 55 minutes, which isn't too bad. And as far as space, you really don't need much.  You need enough room to jump (so no low ceilings, and I wouldn't do it if you live above someone!), and a little room to move laterally and foward and back, but the amount of space I actually use is probably only about 6 sq feet. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the helpful info!  We currently do live above someone so that probably wont work without being obnoxious to him, but we aren't planning on being here forever.  (Maybe a lot less since they are selling the property)  Keep us updated on how it goes!  Sounds like such a great workout.</div><div>
    </div><div>medic/jude- I used to ice all of the time.  I might have to start that up again</div>
  • I figured I would join this thred again.. need to keep myself accountable.

Yesterday was a great workout. I did a 16 minute circuit training of bikes with an all body weight training (required at the school gym to complete this), 15 mins on the elliptical and I worked on arms and back.

Today, I have to do the circuit training, I'll do 20 minutes on the elliptical and abs.
    Anniversary
  • HeyJude--check your local Craigslist!  I got mine for $55 on Craigslist.  Keep your eyes peeled, they go fast.  And those PB cookies are the best.  Seriously.  I love them.

lbarr, I definitely would not do it above someone.  They will hate you really fast.  There's a TON of jumping.  I'm doing measurements and such, and I plan to measure every time I do a fit test (about every two weeks) so I'll update if anything exciting happens with that ;)

• FYI- if the ice bath is too much, you can do an ice massage.  I like to get those little paper cups, fill them about 2/3 with water & freeze.  Cut a little slit in the top of the cup & peel it down like a push-up pop and rub directly onto your shins. 
  • Got 40 minutes on the elliptical yesterday and 25-30 minutes of crunches and weight lifting. Would have actually done a couple more sets if the gym hadn't been closing...

I am proud that I still went to the gym after meeting up with a friend for coffee though. In the past I would have used that as an excuse to skip the gym.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:19ea9180-9181-449f-82d0-1f22db8cb9a3Post:0b7624a0-7d61-4139-8847-6501543eaa1e">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]FYI- if the ice bath is too much, you can do an ice massage.  I like to get those little paper cups, fill them about 2/3 with water & freeze.  Cut a little slit in the top of the cup & peel it down like a push-up pop and rub directly onto your shins. 
    Posted by medicapril[/QUOTE]

<div>*like*</div>
  • My jacked-up pedicure toe feels better today. I am going to do 30DS, Level three and maybe some Zumba if FI will give up the Xbox (doubt it). Tomorrow I am going to start Ripped in 30 and see how it compares to 30DS.

I don't know about you, but here in eastern PA it feels downright spring-like! Such a tease...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • 30 minutes on the elliptical.  I was planning to do weights also, but realized that lifting while hungry was a bad idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards