Snarky Brides
Options

WoW - The computer game

I remember reading a long time ago that there was a crazy amount of SB'ers that played World of Warcraft (It may have been what attracted me to the board LOL)

And so I was wondering if some of you guys still do? I know a bunch moved over to the offboards but I thought I'd still inquire =)
June '13 - Cake!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25

Re: WoW - The computer game

• Options
    I played for many, many years but quit last November. I really have no desire to check out the coming expansion because everyone I played with has quit or play on a totally different schedule. 

I know Any played too but I think she stopped for school. She's over on PB, not sure if she still comes here. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Ah.

Sorry to hear you quit :( Do you miss it?

I got into it last year when I was really bored (FI played it since the beta) and I love it! I've 'met' some amazing people on it and have had mainly awesome experiences in it haha

I'm quite excited with the xpac coming out because well, who doesn't love new content lol

June '13 - Cake!

• Options
    For me it was a social thing so when most of my friends left I lost interest. I did meet a lot of great people through the game though. I have a friend that I will meet at my wedding for the first time ever. We've been talking online for years (I met her through a WoW forum rather than the game) and I consider her one of my closest friends. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    /wave

What Celtic said. I'm not playing anymore, which makes me sad because warlocks look effing baller in the expansion. But with school, I can't afford the distraction.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-the-pc-game?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:89189bfb-d81d-4a84-92ef-c2ec68d99bb0Post:0440bbd6-8a2d-4e3c-976b-7e7c0c40b807">Re: WoW - The computer game</a>:
    [QUOTE]For me it was a social thing so when most of my friends left I lost interest. I did meet a lot of great people through the game though. I have a friend that I will meet at my wedding for the first time ever. We've been talking online for years (I met her through a WoW forum rather than the game) and I consider her one of my closest friends. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

Understandable.

That is awesome though that you are meeting with a WoW friend at your wedding! I have a couple close relationships with some of them I've met through the game and am seriously considering inviting them to our wedding (We have joked in our little circle we'll have a wow table lol) I consider some of them closer than my IRL friends!
    June '13 - Cake!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-the-pc-game?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:89189bfb-d81d-4a84-92ef-c2ec68d99bb0Post:58f5a87b-1a8e-4edb-a305-ef0328262962">Re: WoW - The computer game</a>:
    [QUOTE]/wave What Celtic said. I'm not playing anymore, which makes me sad because warlocks look effing baller in the expansion. But with school, I can't afford the distraction.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

/wave

haha they do. Apparently they'll be able to tank stuff (but not queue up as one obviously)  and with being able to transmog your gear into looks you like, it's pretty cool.

I definitely like my lock moreso now, than before the patch (lots of major changes just happened a couple weeks ago) but my priest/mage are still my mains lol

Awww I wish you guys still played. Its always fun getting to know more people and you both seem like you'd be awesome in game (I used to lurk here alot haha)
    June '13 - Cake!

• Options
    I played for the past 3 or 4 years or so but I didn't really like the last expansion and my playing kind of petered off after that.  I am, however, completely addicted to Diable 3 right now, lol.  I do miss WoW sometimes, but everybody I knew stopped playing too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wow-the-pc-game?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:89189bfb-d81d-4a84-92ef-c2ec68d99bb0Post:f3f162dc-a25d-4701-8de0-be451c3d0ad6">Re: WoW - The computer game</a>:
    [QUOTE]I played for the past 3 or 4 years or so but I didn't really like the last expansion and my playing kind of petered off after that.  I am, however, completely addicted to Diable 3 right now, lol.  I do miss WoW sometimes, but everybody I knew stopped playing too.
    Posted by megjones84[/QUOTE]

I have Diablo free (got it with a locked in sub to wow for free) but I have yet to DL it lol.
    Have you seen anything about the new xpac that comes out Tuesday? It's in a totally different direction. At first I was totally turned off but playing in the Beta for a little bit changed my opinion and now I'm anxiously awaiting it.
    June '13 - Cake!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards