Colorado-Denver
Options

Vendor rant

I am so frustrated with Breckenridge Hospitality. We had our wedding on April 25. We didn't get our final bill until June 16. Yes, it took 2 months for them to bill us, and with me sending an email every week to ask where our bill was. We had problems with that bill anyway -- they served drinks that were not on our list of approved liquor, and then charged us the highest rate listed for the drinks. Instead of just telling our guests that the liquor was not on the list, they served it -- without asking for our permission beforehand! And now, another month after that bill, a charge is showing up on my dad's credit card. No notice, no email, no phone call telling us it was coming. And it's not even correct! I am so frustrated with them. DO NOT USE BRECKENRIDGE HOSPITALITY!

Re: Vendor rant

• Options
    KariMichaelKariMichael member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using them... a big F so far. in your contract, you agree to let them automatically bill your cc for overages if they aren't paid in 30 days. As far as serving liquor that was not approved, I'd address that with your catering manager. Breckenridge Hospitality are a wedding factory and really can care less about the individual person. You also might want to start working on your cc company to fight the charges. that will buy you some time in the payment of htem, or the negotiation of them. Sorry you're going through this. I've also learned the hard way that Breckenridge Hospitality is all about taking the $ and not caring about your wedding.
  • Options
    BreckBride09BreckBride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met with them back in October '08 and were NOT impressed at all...so sorry to hear you are going through this :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear that, that stinks. I would recommend sending an email to your catering manager and his/her boss (or hotel GM) outlining your concerns (make sure to cite your contract). Sometimes all it takes is escalating the issue to a higher power. I would also state that a reply is needed within a certain timeframe (say one week) and let them know you will be challenging the charges if they do not reply. If they do not reply or rectify the situation, I would go to your credit card company and see about challenging the charges. This shows that you have made a good faith effort (in writing) and will usually get the ball rolling with disputing credit card charges.I hope this helps. Good luck!
  • Options
    ssilverman25ssilverman25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YIKES!! I just signed my contract with Vail Resorts/Breck Hospitality.  I am very nervous now because I am not there ( I live in Atlanta). I had read great things about Cat -the event planner.....did I make a big mistake?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards