Florida-Central Florida

Need Budget Friendly Receptions Sites

Hi Ladies-
I am trying to help a friend out and give her some ideas of places. THe place I got married (Cypress Grove) has changed their pricing and is lot pricier so that one is out-boo!
Any ideas appreciated!

Re: Need Budget Friendly Receptions Sites

• edited December 2011
    Anything owned by the city is going to be more budget friendly (Leu Gardens, Winter Park Farmers Market etc).  I think Dubsdred is budget friendly, they have everything there for you including a DOC, but I think it might be a little more than the stuff owned by the city. 
    Lake Mary Event Center is popular, I have no idea about the pricing though.
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked my wedding at Lake Mary Events Center. It depends on the day of the wedding on the pricing. On the weekend you HAVE to rent the whole venue. (a ballroom, rotunda area, meeting room, bride and grooms room) at its a lttle over $2000. But I booked my wedding on a monday and for the whole venue its only $800!! Thats over $1000 differnce! If you just wanted one room they have pricing on that too. which is like only $300 or so. but thats on a weekday.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I booked Lake Mary Events Center almost a year ago. It was only $1200 for the rotunda and the grand ballroom on a Friday. She could go that route. It is much cheaper that way. And the caterers have very reasonable pricing options. If she lives in Longwood, the community center is nice and you can bring in your own caterer. Good luck searching!
  • sunnytulipsunnytulip member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Winter Park Women's Club is beautiful and only $950 for 4 hours including tables and chairs.  No need for a dance floor the old wood floors are just fine :)  And Sally there is just lovely to work with.  Very laid back.  We're doing our ceremony out front...I'm psyched about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards