Indiana
Options

When to book?

Hi! So far I have just been lurking around the Indiana board, but I finally have a question for other Indiana brides. My fiance and I just set a date and booked a venue for the reception and ceremony.  We have also booked a photographer and videographer, but I am just wondering.. when should we start booking some of the other details like a DJ, florist, cake, etc.? We are not getting married for another year and a half, but I am going back to school next week, so planning will be on hold for awhile. I am worried about waiting too long to book. I just wanted to get opinions from other Indiana brides (we are from the southern Indiana area). Thanks!

Re: When to book?

• Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd continue to look around and pick out some potential vendors.  Then at some point you can ask them how early they book - some vendors won't book anything more than a year out, some more popular ones may be available to book further out.  With things like the florist and cake, they aren't exclusively booked for one event per day so you could definitely wait longer to book those things (closer to 8 months I think)  But with a year and a half left, you have plenty of time to look around casually and concentrate on school!  HTH!
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in just under a year. We have the reception venue and DJ booked so far. We're waiting on the contract from our photographer. The big things I'd book about a yr in advance.

The cake probably won't need to be booked as early. We'll probably start looking at florists in the next couple of months to get an idea of what we want and prices.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    typically a baker, florist and baker is about  6 - 8 months out. But you can always look around now and get ideas and shop around.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards