African American Weddings
Options

Cocktail Hour Poll

Hey Ladies,

I am super indecisive about whether we should have one of three types of bars. What are you doing?

Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio

Re: Cocktail Hour Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing full cocktail hour because it came with the package we chose. If it didn't, we would have just done beer and wine only.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a signature drink and beer only during cocktail hour.
  • Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our venue didn't offer a beer & wine option. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted siggy drinks, beer, wine, & champagne...however, that is MY plan. FI's plan is to host a full open bar. After EVERYTHING else is paid for, if he still wants to do that, I won't object, but it is not priority at this point.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

During the cocktail hour we will serve signature drink, wine, and beer. After that it will be full bar. I found a great bartender last night at a bridal show in my area and he charges by the bottles opened not per person. Also he's going to allow us to do an option for setting a cap and then once we reach that cap it will be a cash bar.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Keep your budget low.  Go with option 3. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote signature(s) drink and beer only during cocktail hour.   I plan to do the same!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our venue offers a full bar for the cocktail hour. But if I had to choose I would go with option #3..!!
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a full open bar but it was part of the package.  Option3 looks good to me!
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing the full bar plus the signature drink...but that's because it was part of our package. If I didnt have that option, I would go with option 3.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ktrntrryktrntrry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a full bar (came with the package). I added mango magaritas because thats me favorite drink :).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I'm feeling #3 but FI wants #1.

I just don't want anyone to feel resentful that they can't have a whiskey sour at the cocktail hour :(
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted signature drinks, but FI says "what if they don't like it?"  I said they woudl like SOMETHING!!  But he insisted on full bar.  So here we are, lol  It's SO funny how they say they want to be hands off, but chime in at the most inopportune times!  Gotta Love 'em. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards