Wisconsin

Friday Vs Saturday...

hello everyone,
my fiance and I still havent picked an "official date" were going with February of 2013, but we are deabting on the Friday vs Saturday thing-- anyone have an tips/advice on  this topic?Undecided

Re: Friday Vs Saturday...

• Saturday is always easier for your guests, at least in my opinon. One reason why so many people are doing the friday/sunday thing is for discounts, but you're already off season and should be offered those. It does depend on the wedding you are picturing too. I really can't be helpful without knowing a little bit.
    Just keep in mind most people work on fridays and that you will most likely have an evening ceremony and that makes less time for dinner/dancing. That is why I prefer Saturdays.
    Anniversary
    Vacation
  • Saturdays are often preferred in my experience (ESP if you have lots of OOT guests). ulitmetly it is your decision and as you know there are pros (cost) and cons (guest convience).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • I originally wanted a Friday evening wedding, since we were set on having a short ceremony during the evening. I decided to change it because I couldn't rent the venue I wanted on a Friday.

Things to consider besides your guests assuming it will be during the evening:

-Will your ceremony & reception be at different places? If so, take into account travel time.

-I can't believe how long it took to get ready and take pictures. Plus, the decorating took me and my friends all morning and early afternoon. And if you are serving dinner, your going to have to allow time for the guests to eat before you boogie on the dance floor.  Consider these things when you decide what time you walk down the aisle.

Hope thsi helps!
    Peace, Kato
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree, I'd pick Friday only for budget reasons or if a venue I was in love with wasn't available on any Saturdays for reasons PP stated.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are getting married next week Friday. The people that you are closest to will make every attempt to be there. We have an understanding that people might not make it to church...but that's ok because our immediate family and others close to us will be there. We are on a budget and saved quite a bit. We saved $3.00 per plate plus got a champagne fountain for 2 hours for free. Our photographer gave us discounts for being off season AND a Friday.  It saved us around $2000.
  • It really depends on where you are having your wedding.  Our wedding is Saturday, February 2, 2013, but we originally picked Friday, February 1, 2013 because of the discounts.  Turns out, the only thing we would have saved money on was the DJ and since we have a lot of OOT guests (including my fiance's immediate family), we moved it to Saturday.  

Now just for perspective, we are having our ceremony at 3:30pm at the Polish Center of Wisconsin and the reception will begin at 5pm at Maggiano's Little Italy in Wauwatosa at Mayfair Mall.  Our ceremony is only going to be about 30 minutes and then it is a 30 minute drive from the ceremony to the reception.  We are taking all of our pictures prior to the ceremony so we can have use of the daylight.  Both my fiance and I hate the idea of having hours inbetween the ceremony and reception so the wedding party can take pictures.  But with a Saturday wedding, you will have the flexibility to take the time to have pictures done between the two.  
    Also, Saturday will be better if you are planning for anything downtown because of rush hour traffic.  If you are looking to save money, Friday would probably be better, but just check with your vendors.  With us, it didn't make a difference.  We would only have saved about $100.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards