Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

First Dance opinion

So I'm in the "pick out your first dance song" phase...
Our real song is "Your Body is a Wonderland" by John Mayer.  I don't feel comfortable using it as our first dance...(maybe something with the garter dance)

We really enjoy "Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler.  Is this TOO corny of a song for our first dance.  It's the only one we listened to and giggled and said this should be our song.  Help!

Other choices:
"Lost In this moment" big n rich
"All I ever needed" brett micheals  - /> made me cry
"It's your love" tim and faith

Re: First Dance opinion

• Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_first-dance-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:14f4ce0f-759c-4d2c-ba2f-e6cfd23cee59Post:e60a6f45-8af2-438b-9791-1cc4a387b181">First Dance opinion</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>"It's your love" tim and faith</strong>
    Posted by Kristik810[/QUOTE]
    I love that song.

I like the idea for using the John Mayer song elsewhere... what's a garter dance, though? Do you mean when he takes the garter off of you?
    Maybe you can use the Adam Sandler song elsewhere, as well? I've heard it used during the cake cutting.
  • Options
    Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_first-dance-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:14f4ce0f-759c-4d2c-ba2f-e6cfd23cee59Post:d534f24b-5223-47b0-9a69-7420c9ab770d">Re: First Dance opinion</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to First Dance opinion : I love that song. I like the idea for using the John Mayer song elsewhere... what's a garter dance, though? Do you mean when he takes the garter off of you? Maybe you can use the Adam Sandler song elsewhere, as well? I've heard it used during the cake cutting.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

I used it for my cake cutting!

I don't think it's too corny for a first dance, because it really is a very sweet song. The only problem I see is that once you cut out the Billy Idol part the song is really short. You could have your dj transition into another short song if you wanted to extend the dance. For example, my friend's sister did "Grow Old With You" into "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Of your choices, I my favorite is Lost In This Moment With You.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do which ever song that is going to be meaningful for the two of you.  My FI and I have never had a song so it was the hardest thing I have done.  I picked "Lucky" by Jason Mraz with Colbie Callait.  (Sorry if I butchered some spellings).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well we are going a little more out there and dancing to papa roach's No matter what! The lyrics are AMAZING!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards