California-Los Angeles

anything but davids bridal for alterations

I'm in the San Gabriel Valley and looking for somewhere to take my dress for alterations. I haven't seen any good reviews about the DB in Monrovia (where I bought my dress) and want to go somewhere more affordable and that has better customer service. Suggestions? TIA!

Re: anything but davids bridal for alterations

• RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many of us have been to In Stiches, Renee. She's in Woodland Hills, so it's a little bit of a drive for you. But she is great. I'm always a little hesitant to trust online reviews (good or bad) because you just never know. But there were no bad reviews or comments of her. I was able to make Saturday appointments too, so that might help with the distance.
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Reene (pronounced like Re-Knee).  She was amazing and it only really took one fitting to get my dress perfect.  She is also reasonably priced.  Also, if you're having any issues with jewelry she's great to bounce ideas off of.  You can find her info on Project Wedding.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kflachkflach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Rene too!
  • edited December 2011
    Fourth person here who used Reene. She was lovely. I live in WeHo and drove to Woodland Hills three times (one day I ALSO drove out to Chino for my hair and make up trial - lots of gas!), but she had one appointment one day I went that drove about an hour and a half.

I'm not sure how far out you are, but the inland Empire board might have some other suggestions or the Orange County board if you're further south, depending on where you're driving from.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • will47will47 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also all the Chinese shops along Las Tunas in Temple City. FI went to "Love Boat".
    my read shelf:
    William's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I used Renee too and  I live in Oxnard so it was a 1 hour drive for me but totally worth it. She's the best.
  • edited December 2011
    Ladies, you're awesome! Thank you so much! I have an appoiontment with Renee next Monday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards