New York-Hudson Valley
Options

DJ questions!

In search of a Dj for my September wedding at Mamaroneck yacht club. Has anyone used Turntable Events? I've read great things about them but I would love to hear a direct review if possible, or a recommendation if anyone has one!
Just want to be sure I'm making the right choice!

Re: DJ questions!

• Options
    carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I've never heard of them
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Never heard of them. We are using DJ Bri - he has been great so far!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dj-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:0dbf2cc0-a4f3-43d5-a20c-747bb1087e44Post:ed0e9532-c006-4c88-9aea-ae05ea202f6a">Re: DJ questions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Never heard of them. We are using DJ Bri - he has been great so far!
    Posted by peonypinkbride[/QUOTE]

Ditto this! We had DJ Bri and he did a wonderful job! Sorry, I've never heard of the one you asked about :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen Turntable Events on this site, but haven't used them.
    I used The DJ Company, www.thedjco.net (I used Ryan)
    I also heard great things about Jimmy Dee, www.jimmydee.com (I think Alex is mentioned there a lot)
    Hope that helps!
    Keep an eye out on these boards, you'll see a lot of DJ referrals.
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dj-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:0dbf2cc0-a4f3-43d5-a20c-747bb1087e44Post:dc4a63d6-8736-4aea-bbe8-d4196c651fab">Re: DJ questions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DJ questions! : Ditto this! We had DJ Bri and he did a wonderful job! Sorry, I've never heard of the one you asked about :(
    Posted by TerriandJoe[/QUOTE]

We used him as well and were very pleased.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://hudsonvalley.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dj-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:0dbf2cc0-a4f3-43d5-a20c-747bb1087e44Post:81475642-712f-4be1-ab62-a63621db64dd">DJ questions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In search of a Dj for my September wedding at Mamaroneck yacht club. Has anyone used Turntable Events? I've read great things about them but I would love to hear a direct review if possible, or a recommendation if anyone has one! Just want to be sure I'm making the right choice!
    Posted by circelli84[/QUOTE]

Circelli84, I wish I read this earlier. Turntable Events performed at my wedding in October and they were absolutely phenomenal! I wouldn't hesitate recommending them to anyone considering hiring them. They were extremely professional from the start and when it came time for my wedding, they delivered an amazing performance. I felt like I knew them for years based on how they knew every song to play and when to play it. My wedding was mostly friends and younger family so we didn't want a typical cheesy DJ, which was most of the people we met with before Turntable Events. Save yourself a lot of time and go with them. You won't regret it :)
  • Options
    LizColstonLizColston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dj-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:0dbf2cc0-a4f3-43d5-a20c-747bb1087e44Post:4dd23cc4-2254-4092-be33-f0b9fa60b724">Re: DJ questions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to DJ questions! : Circelli84, I wish I read this earlier. Turntable Events performed at my wedding in October and they were absolutely phenomenal! I wouldn't hesitate recommending them to anyone considering hiring them. They were extremely professional from the start and when it came time for my wedding, they delivered an amazing performance. I felt like I knew them for years based on how they knew every song to play and when to play it. My wedding was mostly friends and younger family so we didn't want a typical cheesy DJ, which was most of the people we met with before Turntable Events. Save yourself a lot of time and go with them. You won't regret it :)
    Posted by Amber101610[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I've been a wedding planner for about 12 years now and have seen just about every DJ in the area.  The good, the bad and dare I say it, the ugly.  For the most part, this area is flooded with mediocre and bad DJ's.  Some of whom are actually 'recommended' in this thread.  I've had the pleasure of not only seeing Turntable Events perform at dozens of weddings over the past few years, but I also hired them to perform at our wedding (Almost 3 years of marriage now!).  They are the true professional in an industry flooded with amateurs.  </div><div>
    </div><div>In the time I've seen them perform (which is a ton at this point), they are the only consistently great DJ company I've seen, no matter who is performing.  I had Spencer and Chris as my DJ/MC's and they were everything a wedding DJ/MC should be.  Professional but not boring, and entertaining but not over the top cheesy.  It's a thin line in wedding entertainment, but I can confidently say Turntable Events has mastered the art of wedding entertainment.</div><div>
    </div><div>Happy Planning!

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards