Georgia-Atlanta

Bikini Wax/ Brazilian??

Anybody ever done this before? I want to, but I am scared. Looking for your feedback if you have any. TIA!
I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?

Re: Bikini Wax/ Brazilian??

• edited December 2011
    I've done the brazilian laser hair removal. So worth it! I would recommend it to anyone. Perfectly smooth skin and no shaving.
    Photobucket
  • mama of threemama of three member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go about every 6 weeks... It really isn't too bad if you have a good waxer... and if they hurt you don't be a hero ... let them know... i barely feel pain anymore...
  • TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I get these.  They are painful, but Bliss is one of the least painful places I've been to.

Make sure you go to a place that does not "double dip" (dip the stick into the wax, put the wax on the body, using the same stick back in the wax).
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_bikini-wax-brazilian?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:6ee12dc0-4264-4c65-8af7-9cad15d8c723Post:1f56429e-085f-43ed-80c1-3e58ad00f2f0">Re: Bikini Wax/ Brazilian??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I get these.  They are painful, but Bliss is one of the least painful places I've been to. Make sure you go to a place that does not "double dip" (dip the stick into the wax, put the wax on the body, using the same stick back in the wax).
    Posted by TheCranberry[/QUOTE]

Why no double dipping?
  • edited December 2011
    I would assume the double dip is a hygiene thing?
    Photobucket
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_bikini-wax-brazilian?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:6ee12dc0-4264-4c65-8af7-9cad15d8c723Post:f81f5c5d-a804-483a-95f4-ffe393dbdd7b">Re: Bikini Wax/ Brazilian??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would assume the double dip is a hygiene thing?
    Posted by belletop[/QUOTE]

oh, DUH! That makes sense.
  • kxhamiltonkxhamilton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Laser hair removal is the way to go! I didn't get Brazilian, but it is so worth it. No more waxing for me! A lot of the places have been having laser hair removal deals on Groupon and those sites. That's how I did it...love it!

• My_MattMy_Matt member
    edited December 2011
    I  had laser on my face and it was one of the best decisions ever. I didn't even think of laser for that area! Good call.
  • TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, hygiene.  You don't want bacteria from the person's body (esp certain areas of the body like the bikini area) going back into the hot wax.  Some bacteria like warm environments so I don't even want to think about what woud go on in there!
  • edited December 2011
    I go to Sweet Samba- they have a Midtown and Vinings location. They are always super quick, thorough and make it as painless as possible. Plus, they have an adorable boutique in the front of the salon that always sucks me into spending way more than I intended to :)
  • edited December 2011
    WAX over in Inman Park is good for trying the wax out....it's scary at first but worth it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards