New Jersey
Options

Fall Engagement Photos

I plan on taking my engagement photos next month.  Does anyone know of any nice parks in northern New Jersey to take the photos?

I"m looking for beautiful fall foliage pics with lots of red, yellow & orange leaves on the trees.    

Re: Fall Engagement Photos

• Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not in NJ but if Bear Mtn isn't too far away you should look into taking pictures there. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love the Watchung reservation. You can park anywhere and walk 5 minutes to be smack dab in the middle of nature. How a about Eagle rock reservation? (Where I am getting married ! West Orange NJ) .  Also on 78 west, there is a scenic overlook exit..I dont know where, definately past New Providence and Berkeley Heights where you can see treed hills for miles and miles~

Good luck~ Post pics when you are done. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_fall-engagement-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:237b0588-854b-4c5c-9a2d-76ef4945999bPost:bc9438b6-4895-4581-9334-109538a7f2af">Re: Fall Engagement Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the Watchung reservation. You can park anywhere and walk 5 minutes to be smack dab in the middle of nature. How a about Eagle rock reservation? (Where I am getting married ! West Orange NJ) .  Also on 78 west, there is a <strong>scenic overlook</strong> exit..I dont know where, definately past New Providence and Berkeley Heights where you can see treed hills for miles and miles~ Good luck~ Post pics when you are done. 
    Posted by Chobot[/QUOTE]

<div>Is it by where you get off towards 287 S and N?</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Botanical Gardens in Ringwood or the Frelinghusen Arboretum.  However, it looks as though no one will be getting fall colors; the leaves seem to be turning brown and falling without ever changing owing to the wet summer.
  • Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_fall-engagement-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:237b0588-854b-4c5c-9a2d-76ef4945999bPost:caeeb2dc-61ca-4dda-8e1d-b76a49c6c94e">Re: Fall Engagement Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Botanical Gardens in Ringwood or the Frelinghusen Arboretum.  However, it looks as though no one will be getting fall colors; the leaves seem to be turning brown and falling without ever changing owing to the wet summer.
    Posted by annandted86[/QUOTE]

<div>Uh oh! I'm getting my engagement pictures done at the Botanical Gardens...TODAY...and was hoping for some nice foliage. Right now, I just hope it doesn't rain! </div><div>
    </div><div>OP, I'll try to remember to comment on here again after I take pics there today to let you know what it's like. I hope it's as great as I imagined!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would do skyland manor in ringwood.  I was there last november doing a portfolio shoot for a model, and the colors were unreal.  Below is a pic from the set.

1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!  I will look into all of these places.

Rlavach,  please let me know how it goes.  It's a beautiful day to take pictures!! Enjoy!
  • Options
    HCrimson08HCrimson08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing them in Jockey Hollow in Morristown... such a georgous park
  • Options
    edited December 2011

A winery in fall is great. That's what I plan to do.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not northern, but we did ours at Rutgers Gardens in New Brunswick.
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Verona park!
  • Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_fall-engagement-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:237b0588-854b-4c5c-9a2d-76ef4945999bPost:d192332a-1541-4802-95ed-c2d5320020ad">Re: Fall Engagement Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone!!  I will look into all of these places. Rlavach,  please let me know how it goes.  It's a beautiful day to take pictures!! Enjoy!
    Posted by JK725[/QUOTE]

<div>Due to a scare in the weather, we ended up rescheduling for Sunday. It was much colder, but bearable. The place was PACKED due to a harvest fest & craft fair. Since our photog already shot there, he knew exactly where to go. We didn't see ONE person during our 2hrs. It's absolutely glorious!! </div><div>
    </div><div>The leaves haven't fully turned yet, just hints here & there. I'm sure it will be amazing in 2-3 weeks. There is a huge field with a long stretching mountain range behind that looked great now, so I can only imagine what it will look like once its red & orange! I highly recommend it.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow that's great that you got nice pictures!!

I'm definitely going there in about 2 weeks.  Thanks for the follow up!!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards