Flowers
Options

Flower ideas but not for a bouquet

My ceremony is super simple & short so my 11 year old daughter and 16 year old soon to be stepdaughter won't need bouquets. I'd like to do something flower-y for them though. I think a wrist corsage is cheesy and doesn't fit with our picnic theme. Any other ideas or suggestions? I'm DIY-ing real flowers. I'm thinking like a head band or something. What flowers would be good for that?

Re: Flower ideas but not for a bouquet

• Options
    I don't know...I think a headband is fine for the 11 year old, but I know personally that if someone had asked me to wear a flower headband when I was 16 I probably would have gone all teenagery on them.

I guess I don't see what's wrong with them having small bouquets even if the ceremony is short?
  • Options
    I agree with PP, a headband is fine for the 11 year old but for the 16 year old you could always have her wear small flower pins in her hair (a little more sophisticated then a headband).

But like PP said, I don't really see the big deal in just letting them carry small bouquets of flowers.

• Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I think a small bouquet of daisies or wildflowers would fit better with your picnic theme than a headband or corsage.
  • Options
    A small nosegay bouquet.

A pomander ball.

A single long stemmed rose (or other flower) with a ribbon tied around the stem.  Or 2-3 stems.

I also think a small bouquet of wild flowers would be more suitable than flower headbands.  or you could ask the girls what they would feel comfortable with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards