September 2013 Weddings

HELP..second thoughts about wedding colors

Hello my fellow September 2013 brides :) I'm having second thoughts about my wedding colors. I know for a fact that I want to go with plum, which will also be the color of the bridesmaids dresses but am unsure what other color I would like. I was leaning towards black, purple and white but I am just not sure. The wedding is going to be rather fancy and elegant so I thought the black would look stunning but I'm just not sure how I am going to incorporate it into the ceremony/reception. Please help! 

Re: HELP..second thoughts about wedding colors

• Hmmm. . . I really love them plum, and the first colors I thought of the go with plum were black and kiwi green. This way, kiwi green and plum both go individually with black, and plum and kiwi green go great together as well ! I personally love bright pops of color instead of muted creams and ivorys.

I say plum, kiwi green, and black !

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_helpsecond-thoughts-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:1456e795-5d84-4d7b-b849-fc24ed81b83dPost:abb5442d-ce6b-4bdc-85a8-dc48520e2fdd">Re: HELP..second thoughts about wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm. . . I really love them plum, and the first colors I thought of the go with plum were black and kiwi green. This way, kiwi green and plum both go individually with black, and plum and kiwi green go great together as well ! I personally love bright pops of color instead of muted creams and ivorys. I say plum, kiwi green, and black !
    Posted by Kelli7025[/QUOTE]

Love this idea!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_helpsecond-thoughts-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:1456e795-5d84-4d7b-b849-fc24ed81b83dPost:29f41e4b-a5a7-4454-b2f0-9d8c7a34def9">Re: HELP..second thoughts about wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]You'll probably change your mind about colors 15 more times before September 2013.  Can we all take a chill pill over color schemes? I apologize for the snarkiness, but there has to be more to talk about besides colors, right?
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Your welcome to start a post
  • We finally settled on our colors - plum, black, ivory, and gold.  The potential venue (which I will be seeing in person in 2 weeks!) provides gold chiavari chairs, which is fantastic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My best friend just got married and used Plum and a Black and White Damask theme. It was very pretty. The colors will look great together. Message me and I can show you plenty of pictures of her wedding if you'd like to see how we incorporated her color scheme.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_helpsecond-thoughts-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:1456e795-5d84-4d7b-b849-fc24ed81b83dPost:abb5442d-ce6b-4bdc-85a8-dc48520e2fdd">Re: HELP..second thoughts about wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm. . . I really love them plum, and the first colors I thought of the go with plum were black and kiwi green. This way, kiwi green and plum both go individually with black, and plum and kiwi green go great together as well ! I personally love bright pops of color instead of muted creams and ivorys. <strong>I say plum, kiwi green, and black !</strong>
    Posted by Kelli7025[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That sounds really pretty - the plum would make my FSIL/unnamed MOH extremely happy lol.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm still checking things out but I'm loving light pink/chocolate or hot pink/pool blue.  Not nailing anything down this early though, especially since I'm currently stuck between two venues.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think what you've got is a great idea. And there's nothing wrong with discussion color schemes; they're the first question asked by many people when they find out your engaged. Personally, my colors are plum, earthy green, and brown, but I'm going for a more rustic feel. When I think chic and elegant, I think black and white. So your colors should be just fine!
  • You can always go with a nice silver or pewter that works as well and will brighten things up but still make it look elegant. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards