Iowa-Quad Cities

Cake!

Hey ladies, hoping you might be able to help me decide on a bakery for our wedding cake. FI and I live in Iowa City but are getting married in Rock Island this June. Unfortunately we dont know any of the bakeries in the QC area and need advice. This weekend we went for a cake tasting and now cant decide. We met with Joanne Cunningham of Cunningham Confectionary and we loved her!  She had beautiful cakes, she was knowledgeable and friendly and energetic and very helpful. Plus her list of flavors and filling and such were great. Unfortunately we didnt love the cake she gave us. (It was only one flavor so maybe it was just that particular flavor we didnt like). Next we met with Cakes by Kay and tried 2 flavors of cake and both were delicious. She seemed nice and her cakes were beautiful but I didnt get the same vibe from her as with Joanne and I was less impressed by her flavor options and fillings and such.

Have any of you used either of these bakers or been to events they have baed for? We're really torn!  THanks for any help you can give us!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake!

• I am using Old Towne Bakery out of Moline, IL.
  • I am using Le Cake, Robin Hunt is the owner. We're doing one teir of white, one of lemon and the other of chocolate with baileys buttercream frosting. They are amazing!
  • We went with Olde Towne in Moline and I could go on and on with how impressed we were. We just had white cake with white frosting and then red and black designs. They offer lists and lists of fun flavors and fillings if you want. We also got cupcakes from Hy-Vee, The cupckaes were hard as a rock 2 days after the wedding, our cake from olde towne was however still soft and moist a week later! Again, I could go on and on about Olde Towne!!
  • Cakes you can check out:
    Joanne Cunningham from Eldridge, IA (Cunningham Confectionery)

Perian Webb with Sweet Perfections. She's out of Davenport.
    And this is the number I have on file for Perian 563-324-5891

Heller Cakes. http://hellercakes.com/

Springbrook Country Dining (Barb Mussmann)
    100 East Main, Springbrook, IA 52075
    (563) 872-4678

Oh I forgot I found this one too for cakes: http://www.saralynnscakes.com/index.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards