Chit Chat

it's pretty sad

so i had posted my Link to my wedding page on facebook. well someone put it on Craigslist and was bashing me. im not good at spelling or grammer. so when a girl emailed me on facebook and told me to have someone check all of it i kinda got upset and went off on her. so she posted it on CL and started talking crap about me. weddings are supose to be special and not for everyone to see. i post it on facebook cuz only my "friends" can see it. well it was out for everyone to see. which was stupid and uncalled for. she was in the class before me in high school so i think it's jelousy cuz im getting married in a few months and she's not. but still.. there's a time when ppl need to grow up and not put it out for everyone to see. here it's one thing cuz i dont say her name nor do i have a link for everyoen to see you. it's all venting and it's stupid for her to do that crap.

Re: it's pretty sad

• edited January 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_its-pretty-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:792f1bcd-2114-430e-8025-16d14b506521Post:2ddb3a1e-3b83-4870-a6de-6dd98073a4ff">it's pretty sad</a>:
    [QUOTE]so i had posted my Link to my wedding page on facebook. well someone put it on Craigslist and was bashing me. im not good at spelling or grammer. so when a girl emailed me on facebook and told me to have someone check all of it i kinda got upset and went off on her. so she posted it on CL and started talking crap about me. weddings are supose to be special and not for everyone to see. i post it on facebook cuz only my "friends" can see it. well it was out for everyone to see. which was stupid and uncalled for. she was in the class before me in high school so i think it's jelousy cuz im getting married in a few months and she's not. but still.. there's a time when ppl need to grow up and not put it out for everyone to see. here it's one thing cuz i dont say her name nor do i have a link for everyoen to see you. it's all venting and it's stupid for her to do that crap.
    Posted by mormongirl07[/QUOTE]

If I created a website that was full of grammar / spelling mistakes, I would want someone to tell me so that I didn't further embarrass myself. You both sound like you are still in high school.
  • I'm going to agree with cew here.  Why wouldn't you welcome the opportunity to have another set of eyes help you out.  What's wrong with learning from your mistakes?  And why would you want to continue to have a poorly written piece on facebook?

Remember also:  you chose to put your info out on the web.  You can't control what people do with it once you make it available.  You opened the door here.  People who have had the appalling sense to put inappropriate photos out on websites, cell phones, etc. have learned that lesson the hard way.

I know you're disappointed, but people will form an opinion, fairly or not, based on what you provide them with.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • wow never seen so much bashing about grammar and stuff.... i agree with the fact when you post stuff on the web its practically free range to anyone.  That's also kinda of the point of putting things on the web it's for social interaction or research so its opened to anyone...........

I don't agree bashing someone with the grammer problems though, just because there are people who do have a hard time with it. I know my dad's one of them i mean yeah i pick on him once in awhile because he can't spell simple things, but some people can't help it.... i mean we are not all writers, english teachers and journalists.  Some people don't have to write written reports all the time in there job. So they don't know how to write anything formal.....   That's just my opinion....

Also mormongirl07 don't worry about it everything comes and goes...... People can just be jerks sometimes it happens, trust me ive had my share, just be happy and enjoy planning your wedding ..... Don't worry about the small things like people who try and make you unhappy the only person you should be worried about is you and ignore the rest..... the easy way is just to ignore her she will go away look towards your future not back at high school and there is a way to block her from your facebook just find her and press the block button or setup a new facebook..... but congrats!!!!!!!!

• I do have to agree with everyone else on here.... once it's on the internet, it's up for everyone and anyone to criticize.  I, personally, am a kind of crazy about grammar (but I suck at spelling.)  It does bother me to read something written in "txt language" when it should be a formal, professional communication.  However, I would never attack someone or mock them for not knowing how to spell, etc.  

I think what we're missing from the story is how the girl told you check out the site.  Was it a "hey, just so you know- you've got some mistakes you might want to fix" kind of email? or was it a "wow you're so stupid, why would you put that online" kind of email?  That would definitely influence how I responded as well!

That being said, mormongirl, if it's something you really are concerned about, find a close friend you can trust to proof it for you.  Please don't be offended when they point out mistakes, though.  Hey, even I'd be willing to look over it for you :)
  • I once had a girl create an entire website dedicated to how much she hated me.  I thought it was hysterical and sent the link to all my friends.  Spelling and grammatical mistakes tend to be a pet peeve of mine, so I'm always pointing them out to people I'm close to...however, not everyone likes to be corrected, so if they get mad at me I just make a mental note not to correct them again.  You may have been out of line getting upset with her, but she was definitely out of line in retaliating.  Typically people who spend so much time talking crap about you do it out of some form of jealousy, so take it as a compliment and move on.  FYI, you can password protect your wedding website if it's through The Knot so that only the people who know the password can see it.  Something you might want to consider.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards