Washington-Seattle

Check-In Monday

How are things going?
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Check-In Monday

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am still in the process of cleaning up all the post-wedding stuff (mainly packing stuff for registry gifts).  Our apartment is still SO messy. Cry

I also REALLY need to order our TY cards.  We got our photos (CD form) on Saturday.  We need to pick out our favorite to put on the cards.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • elyse05elyse05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have more than a year before my wedding date, now that I booked my venue and found a dress I am just taking it easy.   I want to go to a bridal show before I book anything else...you know in case I win! lol
  • edited December 2011
    Need to schedule our cake testings, but I scheduled all of my bridal appts to try on dresses for the weekend after next. I'm super nervous :(.

With my weight loss, it's still really hard to see myself as "not fat," and even more than that, as actually potentially skinny. Even though I take the measurements. And I now wear a size 4-8 in clothes. Which means clearly I'm reasonably small. And my friends tell me how good I look, as does FI. But I'm still paranoid that I'm not going to be able to find anything, and the dresses won't fit, and I'll still look bad :(. Ugh body dismorphism. 

I was working out with my trainer this morning, and FI and I ran into him and his wife at REI this weekend. Apparently she told him "really, she's one of your clients? she's in such good shape, she doesn't need a personal trainer!" Which was definitely an ego boost. 
  • edited December 2011
    Our save the date postcards are supposed to arrive today!! Woo hoo!!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Checks: All invites are now out and RSVP's are already coming in.  Reviewed what I would like w/friend making my veil, made final selection on my jewelry.

To Do: Finalize music selection for pianist and reception CD, wrap candies w/personalized covers, buy last few TY gifts.

Looking forward to: helping my MOH pick out her dress this Thursday, helping my future DIL/BMd pick out her coordinated dress after I'm back from my trip, and putting together all the pieces left to go on the wedding!

Stessing over: getting 100 folding chairs.  Waiting to hear from friends who are local to see if we can borrow/rent them from their church.  All the vendors are out of what we need or out of our price range.  But there is a back up plan in place in case we luck out.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm kinda stuck. I have midterms this week and finals in less than two weeks... so I need to focus on that stuff.. but I want to do all my DIY stuff!! I'm definitely ahead of the game though so there's no stress... just want ;)
    To Do:
     Assemble Invites that will be sent out in July (yeah.. lots of time for that haha)
    Silly DIY stuff
    Find my shooooooes
  • meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did round 2 of our engagement photos this weekend--we were waiting for warmer weather to take a few on the motorcycle.  I'm super excited to see how they turned out.  Next step is to make wine labels with the photos!

Sharingourlove--I'm jealous you are already getting responses back!  We sent ours out at the same time (obviously, since we have the same date haha).   I don't know if I'm more excited to get yes' or no's (I'm terrible I know!)
  • zoiesmurfzoiesmurf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

meganhardan, I'm worse, because I am waay more excited to get no's... : / Our guestlist ended up being bigger than our venue can accomodate without having to tent....

My check was I ordered these shoes today to go with my reception dress. :)

with a green crinny instead of red :)

December 2011 Weddings September Siggy: Shoes
    Vintage shoes I found at an antique store about 10 years ago :)

CIMG0051

Retro/Vintage Siggy Challenge: Favorite Vintage Movie
    sabrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Zoiesmurf--that made me feel so much better!  We invited 190 and our max capacity is 180 (I know it's a big no-no to do that, but I did at least include vendors in that count!)  So, obviously we need to be at least at 180, but comfortably, we should be about 150-160.   I am also nervous because FMIL added a ton of people that she assured us wouldn't come, and guess what, we just got a "Yes" for two of them!!!

I'm sending good vibes for both of us to get lots of no's so I don't have to be crowded, and you dont' have to rent a tent!

• mmh407mmh407 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meganhardan: i am trying to book my wedding at the browns point improvement club for next summer and I am really nervous about getting  a date for it!!! how far in advance did you book yours? i have to get late july or early agust and i will go saturday or sunday, whichever is open. i have been trying to get ahold of the woman who runs the place. i heard from reviews that she is very business-like and kinda strict, which makes me a little nervous... i also would love to know any advice you have for me for having a wedding there!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards