Florida-South Florida
Options

Can't decide....

We can't decide on a song for our first dance!  I'm American, fiance is Venezuelan, and we both speak English and Spanish.  However, we have very different taste in music and we can't even come to any middle ground on a first dance song.  The American songs I like aren't meaningful to him, and vice versa. Sooooo, what the heck do we do?!?!  Any suggestions?  We get along well.....love each other....have so much fun together....enjoy each other's cultures....but can't come up with one darn song for our first dance, lol.

Thanks in advance for your help, ladies!!  

Re: Can't decide....

• Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you can make a mix that blends the 2 songs that you each respectively really love into one track that way everyone gets the best of both worlds.

HTH
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are there any songs that are mixed with both languages?  Or a song you like in English that is sung in Spanish also?  

Or someone has to compromise.  Whatever you don't choose can always be played at another point in the night.  Or as your last dance.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I say don't pick a song that is meaningful to either of you but one you two can both agree on...it will become meaningful after :) ..or you can do a mix track too thats good :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why compromise???

How about you find a song that means something to you that you want to dedicate to him and he can find a song that he wants to dedicate to you??

This way you each pick a song you like and means something to you and with the dedication, it will mean something to the each other as well. If he picks a song in Spanish and you don't speak the language, maybe he can have the lyrics translated into a keepsake for you... or whisper them in your ear as you dance. :-)
  • Options
    Linz10882Linz10882 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support and ideas, ladies! 

MariposaRose-- I LOVE the song dedication idea!!  We had thought of doing two first dance songs, but I was worried people would think "Wow, they can't even decide on a song together!" lol.  But when it is put in the sense of dedication to the other person, it seems so lovely and romantic, haha! :-)

P.S.-- I understand Spanish, so I should be fine with whatever he choses! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say go with both! have the dj start off with the more soft and calming song, blend into the more energetic one. Then you both get your song without having to compromise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards