Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Only a Grooms Cake

Ok...I know what matters most is what I want but I still want strangers opinions. My Fiance is a professional hockey player and while our wedding is going to be pretty elegent, I really don't want a traditional wedding cake. I want the wedding cake to be something that everyone remembers and the one off beat thing at the reception. I want just a large "grooms cake" that is a life-like hockey bag with a skate and stick coming out of it. Several of my friends have told me that that is a silly idea but I LOVE it. My friends want me to do a traditional cake with just a small hockey skate as the grooms cake. I just really don't care about having a traditional 3 tier cake with flowers on it. 

Do you think that's super cheesey or a horrible idea? I think it's cool because it's a)different b)totally us and c)so memorable. I can't tell you what 1/2 of my friends wedding cakes looked/tasted like but I bet someone will be able to remember ours. Again, I know what we want counts the most but I still want input. Thanks!

Re: Only a Grooms Cake

• Options
    As long as I get cake that tastes good I really don't care what shape it is!  I love cake.  :)
  • Options
    A life sized hockey bag?  Isn't that like 5 by 2 feet? 

I don't care whether the cake comes in the form of a tiered wedding cake or a funky grooms cake.  It's entirely up to you. 
  • Options
    Ditto NOLAbride...I don't care what shape the cake is.  Sounds fun!  I've also never been to a wedding that had a separate groom's cake...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lol ok well not really life size and no jock strap....
  • Options
    3 people have voted no on the poll and I really would love your reasons why. I wont take offense....I promise. So if you are going to vote no then please tell me why!
  • Options
    I love the idea!! You should put the effort and money towards things that are meaningful to you guys...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    It sounds fun. If you love it then go for it. You could always have a mini wedding cake at your rehearsal dinner. We are having the grooms cake at our rehearsal dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards