Getting in Shape

Les Mills Pump at home review

So, I ordered the program and I thought I'd let you ladies know how it's going. I've been at it only a week.

When the package came, I was more than a little excited. It comes with 4 videos, 2- 5# weights, 2- 10# weights, and a 5# bar (or so I'm guessing). There's a great workout plan to follow for 90 days as well as a diet. I don't follow the diet, but I have been trying to eat healthier while still adding protein. It also encourages you to walk or run twice a week. As I'm already training for triathlons, I have cardio covered. The first DVD is Pump Challenge. It's a 25min workout that hits every muscle except core (there's a separate video to do twice a week for core). There are 4 instructors that switch out for each body part.  There's an option to have the music play over the instruction for those who've done the workouts a few times, understand how to do them, and really don't care to hear chatter.

For every muscle group, one song will play in its entirety. It will scroll suggested weights to use whether you are beginner, intermediate, or advanced. I float between beginner and intermediate depending on the muscle group. In the plan, there's a chart to keep track of what weights you use for each exercise. The music is fun and recent, and very upbeat. It keeps you moving!

The one small problem I have found is that there isn't enough time to switch out the weights. So, I keep the remote nearby so I can pause it to change it up.

The plan consists of three days of Pump workouts, 2 days of core, and 1 day of yoga (also a 20 min video). They are spread out pretty good.

I've found that if I do strength one day, my running is better the next. Which is pretty awesome.

It's only been a week, but I feel good about adding it to my cardio workouts.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"

Re: Les Mills Pump at home review

• Thanks for the review!
  • Thanks for the review! It sounds similar to the actual class, just much shorter (since the classes are an hour). 
    Definitely something I may look into when we move, if I can't find a Les Mills gym.
  • edited June 2012
    It is just like the class, and in December they will have a LesMills Combat program avaiable for at home use! I am super excited to get it!
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I should add that the first video, Pump Challenge is only 20 minutes, but I believe the others are longer, 45 and 60 minutes.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_les-mills-pump-at-home-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:a71e9526-4f9a-4ccc-9afc-149909cbf334Post:a31a4a26-d7a6-4875-8de4-88d280f46e8f">Re: Les Mills Pump at home review</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is just like the class, and in December they will have a LesMills Combat program avaiable for at home use! I am super excited to get it!
    Posted by turtleslove[/QUOTE]

<div>WHAAAAT you just made me such a happy combat-er :) </div>
  • What site did you order the pump at home from? I googled it but am having trouble finding a site that seems legit.
  • I have a combat DVD in my set from Beachbody.  It is about 45min.  I've had it since they first started selling it at Beachbody.
  • Thank you!  I love Body pump at my gym but I would love the option of doing it at home if I could!  I may have to check this out.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards