Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid Sleepover

So I'm starting to get sick of two of my bridesmaids, so much that I am starting to regret asking them to be in the wedding party. First of all, as soon as I asked them (about a year ago - the wedding is in less than a month) they began bugging my sister (the MOH) about planning a bachelorette party. I'm not really even into having a bachelorette party and would rather have a spa day, but they keep on insisting on having a party and dressing me up. Second, one of them made an embarrassing speech at my bridal shower - where she told everyone that my mom called her mom asking that she be friends with me when we were young. Which was completely untrue. Then she made fun on my hometown, where the shower was being held and where 75% of the shower guests were from. But most importantly, they invited themselves to sleep over at my parents house the night before the wedding. Am I crazy, or is this weird to anyone else? I feel like if I wanted them there, I would have asked them myself. But I don't want them there, I have enough to worry about and will probably barely sleep that night anyways. They didn't even think to ask whether any of my family was staying over and whether there was room for them. I might feel differently if they didn't live 15 minutes from my parents and had nowhere to stay. So I've told them that our house is too full and now I think they are mad at me. Am I overreacting about letting them stay over? I don't want to be a bridezilla but I see how the stress can turn you into one!!

Re: Bridesmaid Sleepover

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like they are just overly excited for you and about being in your wedding. Did they say it as "Oh yay we can have a fun sleepover your last night as a single girl" or as "I don't want to pay for a hotel room, so I'm staying at your parents' house." The two are totally different, so I think it matters on the context of it. If it was the first, I wouldn't be offended. The second I might be.

Either way, if you have no room and/or it would just be too stressful, just say "A sleepover would be really fun and we should do it sometime after the wedding, but things will be way too crazy, plus my parents' house is full, so unfortunately, that won't work out." If they get upset about that, that's silly. If it's OOT for them, I might offer to help find a place for them to stay, be it hotel or otherwise. If they live in town, they should be able to stay at home no problem.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did your friends change or were they always a little silly, with awkward senses of humor?

It's fine to tell them that you will not be having the sleep over because you and your family would like to get a good night's sleep the night before the wedding.

I would be inclined to go along with the bp plans, as long as they are not planning something that you find morally offensive or embarrassing. But it is your right to turn down the party, if you don't want it.

• Options
    murphym1979murphym1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a stressful time for you at the minute and if your like me when your slightly stressed the little things bug you!!!

You have told them you have no room in the house, but if you feel their mad at you then just explain to them your stressed and think you need just a relaxing night before your wedding and you plan to take a sleeping tablet and hit the hay early. But that they need to be their bright eyed and bushy tailed with the bubbles the next morning to start the celebrations.

I have frriends that are not even in the wedding party going mad trying to arrange the hens party and my MOH is getting annoyed because she wanted to arrange it with no help... I feel your pain!!!

Hope it all works out for you, what ever happens, block it out and enjoy your day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards