California-Inland Empire

second wedding w/ my same love .....Backyard reception or not?

I been married for 7 yrs and my husband and I are going to have our second wedding. We decided that we are ready to have a catholic ceremony so here we are planning our second wedding. However, we are undecided about the venue. When we got married we had our reception at my in-laws house. It was beautiful but stressful. This time we want to have our reception at our home but i need help. I'm not sure if it is a good idea to have our wedding reception at our house. We want to save money but we also want to have a beautiful wedding. I don't want to go crazy on the budget because I'm live with my husband already. Is not like I'm getting marry for the first time. Yet, i still feel that we deserve a special and beautiful second wedding. Please any advice is welcome...how can i save money. (We are going to have around 75+ guest.) Backyard reception yes or not?

Re: second wedding w/ my same love .....Backyard reception or not?

• mcda04mcda04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-inland-empire_second-wedding-w-my-same-love-backyard-reception-or-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:69Discussion:d5528802-95e1-44c8-9285-63d6edd60a98Post:cfa62bd0-1433-4fac-80c5-a4d8409103b2">second wedding w/ my same love .....Backyard reception or not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I been married for 7 yrs and my husband and I are going to have our second wedding. We decided that we are ready to have a catholic ceremony so here we are planning our second wedding. However, we are undecided about the venue. When we got married we had our reception at my in-laws house. It was beautiful but stressful. This time we want to have our reception at our home but i need help. I'm not sure if it is a good idea to have our wedding reception at our house. We want to save money but we also want to have a beautiful wedding. I don't want to go crazy on the budget because I'm live with my husband already. Is not like I'm getting marry for the first time. Yet, i still feel that we deserve a special and beautiful second wedding. Please any advice is welcome...how can i save money. (We are going to have around 75+ guest.) Backyard reception yes or not?
    Posted by marazul113[/QUOTE]

So you're planning ANOTHER wedding reception? I too am having a CONVALIDATION ceremony (not wedding ceremony) and I'm having a small reception afterwards but I never had a reception or celebration when we had our civil marriage. I'm assuming you're skipping the bridal party, showers, and gifts right? If you're on a budget, you can find affordable venues for your guest count. Backyard doesn't make it informal. I've been to beautiful elaborate "backyard" weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards