Texas-Houston
Options

Need Officiant-getting married in Houston but I'm from out of town

I will be getting married in November in Cypress, TX. Me and my fiance are from out of town. We need to find an ordained minister to marry us. I found a few websites that offer services but they charge almost $300.  Is there a cheaper alternative or does anyont know a minister that will do it for less?

Re: Need Officiant-getting married in Houston but I'm from out of town

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband is ordained if you'd like him to do it....
  • Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Father Milton from Catholics Without A Church (Just google that) and they work on donations, so you pay them what you feel they deserve. I think we ended up giving him $200.00.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Minister Luis Gomez from www.weddingsperformed.com  
    Their fee is $175.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TYBOYD-Do you have anymore information? What is his style and price? Lol, I'm new at this so I don't know exactly what to ask.
    PJS001-We aren't catholic so I don't think that would work for us.
    JosieMarie00-I already went to that website. They charge $300-$400! ...or at least that's what the site says. Could prices have changed since you got married?

I did find this guy http://www.motorcycleminister.info/index.html. His price is around $240. He looks promising and unique. We want someone who isn't boring, but we don't want someone who tries to steal the show either. Anyone ever work with him?
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw the Motor Cycle Minister on Craigslist! He does look cool. lol.

My husband would only charge you $150. I don't know what his "style" would be. lol. But he wouldn't do anything that you wouldn't want him to do. But he does have a sense of humor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actaully using Tyboyd's husband for my wedding...

I basically just wrote my own program and I plan on just going over it with him. The ceremony lasts for about 20 minutes so I dont think you should pay a grip to have some one read from a book or script.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have one of your friends become ordained online.  That's all you need in order to be able to legally marry people in the state of Texas.  I'm an online minister so I performed the ceremony for some of my friends.  It was a short, simple ceremony but it was perfect.  Let me know if you have any questions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI - you do not have to be Catholic to use Father Milton from Catholics Without a Church. He is open to any kind of ceremony. I am using him in November, and neither me nor my fiance are Catholic (or even Christian).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, you don't have to be Catholic to use father Milton. They do completely non-denominational ceremony if you wanted to. He isn't a "father" in the sense you thing. So don't worry about that.

The following website actually has all the different ceremonies that they offer, and he is also super willing to add things that you want put in there. We had him a new audience participation section and he was completely cool with it.

http://www.whiterobedmonks.org/marap6.html
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards