New Hampshire

Need advice on Sunday vs Friday

We are strongly considering the Executive Court in Manchester, but we are unsure whether to choose a Friday night or a Sunday late afternoon. Both have their perks and downside, but I'm wondering what's better for guests. Would you rather leave work early on Friday (or miss a few days of work for out of towners) or have it on Sunday and  to get up and go to work the next day??? Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Need advice on Sunday vs Friday

• DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went for a Friday, though my mother pushed for Sunday instead.  My reasoning is that I feel people are more likely to be willing to take a Friday off to come to our wedding than to take a Monday off to travel home.  My mother's opinion was the opposite, she believes people would rather leave a wedding early to book it home on time for work on Monday.

We will also have a lot of relatives traveling in who I feel would prefer to spend the weekend relaxing and visiting with local friends & family (or nursing their hangovers) after our wedding, than spend it traveling in and rushing home after.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • redsoxfan619redsoxfan619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely a Friday! A good friend of mine did that last year and it worked out fine. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding was on a Sunday and over by 8PM.  Depending on how far the majority of your guests might be travelling (about 90% of ours were local within 1-2 hours driving) Sunday weddings don't have to be a big deal.  You know your guests better than the rest of us. :)

The other bonus with the Executive Court is that it is close to the airport and highways, which will cut down on a lot of travel time for everyone.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

Think about your guest list, are they late people or do they like to get home early. I personally would prefer a Friday, I would rather make arrangement to get time off on a friday to have a fun time and not have to get up for work the next day. How far do they have to travel. I wouldn't want to fly home after being at a wedding and have to work the next day.

• edited December 2011
    I personally would go for Sunday. My rational would be *if* someone can't take work off at all I would rather they could most likely attend and just have to leave early if necessary. As opposed to the chance that they would not be able to attend at all. That's just my personal opinion. 
  • edited December 2011
    Personally I would prefer a Friday.  We are having a Friday wedding and asked many of our guests their preference before deciding.  Everyone we asked voted for Friday.  Nearly a third of our guest will be coming from the West coast and will be making a vacation of it.  Many of our friends also like the idea of having a long weekend.  I think it really depends on your guests though.  Good luck with your decision!
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely Friday. Depending on the timing of the wedding, some people won't even need to take a half day if they are local. I would rather scoot out of work an hour or two early than take a Monday off to recover.
  • edited December 2011
     I love posting questions for you girls!  You are all so helpful!!! Thank you so much!!! :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • nicoleh55nicoleh55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are getting married at the Executive Court and we are getting married on a friday! I would def say friday over a sunday 110%

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards