Missouri-St Louis
Options

Looked at Reception Venues today

So I looked at 4 possible reception venues today...
Forest Park GC
Riverbottom Saloon (Patty Long)
Soulard Preservation Hall
The Franklin Room

The top two are Forest Park GC and Riverbottom Saloon. We loved Soulard Preservation Hall but felt like it would be too tight for 175 - 200 guests and there was no parking.

We still have Bear Creek GC, Ameristar, and possibly the Anhueser Busch Conference Center in Fenton to look at.

I always appreciate people's thoughts on venues so please comment.

Re: Looked at Reception Venues today

• Options
    stargrly85stargrly85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am interested in soulard preservation hall as well. I have 80-100 guests and i love the soulard area. The Riverbottom saloon also looks interesting from the website. How was it in person?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both are very nice. I can send you some pictures if you would like. The Riverbottom Saloon is more lodge feeling with wood walls and a big fireplace with a tin ceiling. There are some areas of improvement including the carpet but they are working on replacing the carpet hopefully this winter. There are not many windows but then again there is nothing much to look at outside as it is located in more of an industrial area in Soulard. The Soulard Preservation Hall is absolutely gorgeous, it was just remodeled and they did a fantastic job, they are very reasonable too and have a nice list of preferred caterers that could fit almost any budget. It is a little separated but the bar and the reception room are both very nice. It has a nice outdoor area in the front, our main issue was that with 175 people the reception area would be a bit crowded and parking is a minimum. They have a small lot across the street that holds about 20 cars and the rest is street parking. You can hire a valet service at an additional fee.
  • Options
    cgeithmancgeithman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are going as far out as Bear Creek, you might check out Wine Country Gardens. My best friend is a photographer (www.foreverimages.com) and we've done a couple of receptions there. THe food is fabulous! Bear Creek is also very nice. Both locations might be small for 175-200, but I'm not sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards