Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Married!! Vendor Reviews (Long)

Hey Ladies,

I got married on October first and it was the best day ever!! I'm just sad I can't remember everything!  We didn't see each other before the wedding and I honestly wouldn't have had it any other way (plus I'd have to get up earlier).  But seriously, seeing his face and knkowing I totally wowed him were so worth the wait!!

So here are my reviews:

Darrick Law Makeup Artistry - A++SO amazing!  They showed up at 9:00 sharp and got right to work!  Darrick herself had another bride to do makeup for and left to do that and was back by 10:15.  There were 7 ladies to get ready in 3 hours and they got it...and we all looked beautiful if I do say so myself :)  One of her assistants even did one of the flower girl's hair when it looked like we were going to be running behind (this was not originally part of the deal) free of charge. 

Brenda from Amazing Alterations -  A- the alterations looked great.  There was just one tiny thing that bothered me...when she took in the sides of the bodice and I came to try it on, I noticed that it kind of bowed out a little on the sides of my boobs, kind of making me look fat.  And I have a tiny inkling she would have let me leave with it like that if I hadn't said anything.  But when I mentioned it she fixed it without hesitation within about 10 minutes.  But other than that everything was spot on.  And here's how I looked (excuse the idiotic look on myface):

St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church - B-  I was kind of disappointed with this honestly.  All our wedding prep was great and I thought we'd really made a good connection with our happy, nice priest.  However, he was rude to my family at the rehearsal and again on the wedding day.  The wedding coordinator lady was also totally rude, even to me.  Just snapping at people and being extremely bossy...not authoritative..just plain bossy!  Then the day of, we were doing pics after and were almost done, when all of a sudden the priest comes out of nowhere and kind of yells at us saying "It's 3:30, time to get out of the sanctuary. Gotta go!"  In just a really rude way.  I was pretty shocked.

Intuitive Blooms - Lacey- C-.  I know you ladies love Lacey but she just pissed me off.  When we initially met, she made me so hopeful and at ease, and she was in budget....it was great.  But then the communication started to falter...it didn't improve leading up to the wedding like I had hoped.  Then on the wedding day she had a runner bring stuff to the church and she was at the reception.  That was fine, but none of the boutonirs/corsages were labeled and really didn't look a whole lot different from each other.  She had promised she'd pin them on and figure it all out.  The runner didn't have a clue and just left.  So one of my bridesmaids had to figure it out and it was just one extra thing that didn't need to happen.  Plus, the corsages were all supposed to be wrist corsages and they weren't.  On the plus side, the boquets were absolutely beautiful and I was hopeful for the reception.  At the reception, things were not great. I paid $25 a piece for centerpiecs that were supposed to be full with roses and hydrangea.  Well, there was 1 sprig of hydrangea, 3 small roses and that was about it.  It looked chintzy as hell.  Furthermore, she charged me $5 per table for rose petals on the half of the tables that were nto floral and there was probably less than one rose ful of  petals on each table.  AND she didn't put vases up on the head table for our boquets, no toss boquet, and no cake table arrangements.  I feel generous giving her a C.  I am thoroughly disappointed.

DJ - Paul Singh from Midwest sound A+ - he kept the dancefloor going all night, took my guests'' request, played all the songs we wanted and made sure everyone got the chance to dance.  Nothing but good things to say about this.

Limo - Sonic Limo A-.  Everything was great, we had an awesome party bus, a fun driver and everything was pretty much amazing.  The only downside was they had promised us that we could bring our champagne and other supplies the day before and they would bring it the day of.  Well they didn't let us so my fi had to do some extra running around the day before.  But oh well.

Photographer - Kara Knutson with M.E. Photography - A+ pending photos.  I'm SO excited to see our photos.  We had such a great time with her.  Everything leading up to the wedding was great, and she was exactly what I needed on my wedding day to calm down.  She took charge and (politely) told everyone where to be and arranged the pictures well.  Made sure to get all the combinations of people we wanted.  Also, she connected well with our group so we all had a ton of fun with her.  She even took a seat with some of my guests at the wedding and they had a blast!!  Also, her location selection was awesome so I just seriously can't wait for our pro pics.  2 more weeks to wait!

Venue - Manitou Station - A.  I was seriously nervous about them.  A lot of things leading  up to the event were not good.   Their sales lady, Lorah is no good at customer service and we had it out a couple times.  But as soon as I met Cheri, their day-of person, things turned around - FAST.  She made sure everything was amazing and things were flawless.  All our guests commented on our awesome food and great bartenders.  There's not a lot more to say besides "job well done."

Baker - Key's Cafe A+.  We had a gorgeous 5-tier confection with the perfect color icing decorationd.  The cake is sooo delicious and all our guests were raving about it.  We had chocolate, red velvet and marble strawberry poke cake.  I absolutely loved it.

Grand PhotoBooth A+.  The photobooth attendants were awesome.  They had fun with all our guests and brought really fun props.  They also customized the top and bottom of the photo strips for us with our names and wedding date.  It was awesome.  Looking through our photo guest book was SO much fun the next day.   

And here's one of my favorite non-pro pics of the wedding:

Re: Married!! Vendor Reviews (Long)

• Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Lacey. If you have any advice for me since I have already booked with her let me know. Like should I make sure in the contract things like head table vases and the tossing bouquet are in there?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_married-vendor-reviews-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:08ba5536-a894-4582-bd42-8c7308646c7dPost:6ef1a3d7-2579-420e-b0af-789b21e24422">Re: Married!! Vendor Reviews (Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the reviews! Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Lacey. If you have any advice for me since I have already booked with her let me know. Like should I make sure in the contract things like <strong>head table vases</strong> and the tossing bouquet are in there?
    Posted by colstj1[/QUOTE]

You know I had totally overlooked this but when Lacey delivered the flowers they all came in those vases which my DOC took to the reception and set out on the tables, it was one of those things that slipped my mind.  But colstj make sure you do mention a toss bouquet or anything extra.  I asked her last minute to remove a few bouts and corsages and she sent an email with the updated total and invoices but I didn't look at the invoice, just the total, and ended up with extra bouts and corsages. 

OP so sorry that you weren't happy with the service you recieved.  At least your day otherwise went great!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! And I am SO glad to hear you loved Midwest Sounds since they are our DJ, I'll make sure to keep Paul's name for when we figure out who our actual DJ will be :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to use Lacey too, but right from the start she had terrible customer service and communication skills.  It was as though she wanted to make money, but she didn't want to have to put any effort into it.  We decided she wasn't worth the risk; if she wasn't willing to answer our questions or respond to my emails, she's not someone we could rely on for our wedding day!  So glad we ended up not using her!
    241 Invited image 117 Attending image 104 Declined image 20 Don't know what RSVP meansimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had almost the exact same problems with Lacey. The flowers were beautiful but I didn't get the wrist corsages I asked for (which my mom was really disappointed about), the centerpieces were a little bare, communication was bad, and there were quite a few other things that we had discussed that weren't there :-( Sorry you had a poor experience!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_married-vendor-reviews-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:08ba5536-a894-4582-bd42-8c7308646c7dPost:ac8b81f9-b585-40fd-9e82-ba66bf35580a">Re: Married!! Vendor Reviews (Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was going to use Lacey too, but right from the start she had terrible customer service and communication skills.  It was as though she wanted to make money, but she didn't want to have to put any effort into it.  We decided she wasn't worth the risk; if she wasn't willing to answer our questions or respond to my emails, she's not someone we could rely on for our wedding day!  So glad we ended up not using her!
    Posted by jessy_gross[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>^^This exactly. It took her almost 2 weeks to send a quote, which she apologized for and offered to throw in the toss bouquet for free, which was nice, and I figured it was just a busy time for her, so I let it go and figured I would still meet with her. But then I emailed back with a couple of questions and never heard back from her. It sounds like maybe she's getting in over her head and has too many clients, if she can't respond to inquiries quickly.</div><div>
    </div><div>I ended up going with Anna Stokes of Bumblebee Florals. Even over email, I just felt like we clicked - she got my vision exactly and responded to emails within a day, if not sooner. I'm meeting with her on Sunday and I'm so excited about it! :)

</div><div>I'm glad that other than the flowers you had an amazing day! :)</div>
  • Options
    MrsBassPlayaMrsBassPlaya member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews.  I'm currently on the floral and dj hunt, so your reviews are helpful.  So sorry your flowers didn't turn out as expected.  Too funny, though.  FI and I totally had 10/1 penciled in at Manitou until we decided to push the date back a year.  Glad you had a nice overall experience there.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am soooooo surprised at these negative reviews of Lacey. I had such a perfect experience with her (everything was gorgeous, she arrived early to set up, and I never had a problem reaching her) that it seems to odd to me that her service seems to be falling apart. I honestly think the girl takes too much on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_married-vendor-reviews-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:08ba5536-a894-4582-bd42-8c7308646c7dPost:3bda4cab-e0d0-40a8-9ccb-ec9be63c37f0">Re: Married!! Vendor Reviews (Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am soooooo surprised at these negative reviews of Lacey. I had such a perfect experience with her (everything was gorgeous, she arrived early to set up, and I never had a problem reaching her) that it seems to odd to me that her service seems to be falling apart. I honestly think the girl takes too much on.
    Posted by maybe984[/QUOTE]

I agree.  While she was late to our wedding she still did a beautiful job.  Honestly I think some people expectations are a little crazy.  Yes customer service is absolutly important, but I think the end product is even more so.  So while the communication was lacking a little I she still delived on wedding day (in my case at least). 
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_married-vendor-reviews-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:08ba5536-a894-4582-bd42-8c7308646c7dPost:1dc9b8c4-b964-4b2b-bc00-b600ab291ec7">Re: Married!! Vendor Reviews (Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Married!! Vendor Reviews (Long) : I agree.  While she was late to our wedding she still did a beautiful job.  Honestly I think some people expectations are a little crazy.  Yes customer service is absolutly important, but I think the end product is even more so.  So while the communication was lacking a little I she still delived on wedding day (in my case at least). 
    Posted by SuperRNluvsChef[/QUOTE]

I love you Lisette but mine and OP's main issue was not the lack of communication but the end product. I paid extra for wrist corsages that were the one thing really important to my mom (and I told Lacey this) and we got pin ons for half of them. The centerpieces were expensive but skimpy and the bouquet wrap I was really excited about didn't show up. All of that on top her lack of communication makes for a negative review. The flowers were beautiful, yes. She does amazing work. But I wouldn't give her an amazing recommendation when I didn't get what I paid for (both customer service and product wise).

As for the other ladies, if I had had trouble getting ahold of her to begin with I probably would have moved on to someone else. I do believe communication is an important thing with someone you are giving one shot to do a fantastic job. If they can't make time to answer your email after two weeks of no reply, then how will they have time to make your wedding a priority?

JMO
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_married-vendor-reviews-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:08ba5536-a894-4582-bd42-8c7308646c7dPost:d5319f1e-28f6-43dc-960f-1c57c32c1563">Re: Married!! Vendor Reviews (Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Married!! Vendor Reviews (Long) : <strong>If they can't make time to answer your email after two weeks of no reply, then how will they have time to make your wedding a priority?</strong> 
    Posted by leggwilliams[/QUOTE]

<div>This. Exactly. Unless there is some sort of emergency preventing them from responding, there is no reason a response should take longer than 2 weeks. And the end product might very well be nice, but the stress of the lack of communication for me wouldn't be worth it.</div>
  • Options
    hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the review on Kara. We are so excited to use her.  Please let me know how your pro pics turn out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For anyone who already has Lacey booked, I would just say to make sure to e-mail her and CALL a lot.  Maybe sound pissy if she doesn't get back to you.  Just make her a little nervous, I guess.  I was always really nice to her so that's probably why she never got back to me and maybe thoght it was "OK" to not deliver.  I have no idea.  I just was disappointed.  Maybe require her to make you a mockup of what you're getting.  I'm honestly not sure what else I could have done differently.  I guess I just had so much trust.   And honestly, at least the boquets were pretty, since those are in the pics :)

Anyway, hope the reviews helped....sounds like they did.  And if it makes anyone feel any better, no one else said a word about the flowers.  It's one of those things that only you will notice.  Like I said, the rest of the day was more or less flawless.

Happy planning, ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bummer about your experience with Lacey!  I too had troubles getting her to respond quickly to emails but after all the rave reviews on here I wasn't too worried.  Luckily everything she made for our wedding was perfect and just what I had asked for so I had no complaints there.  I LOVED OUR FLOWERS.  The only thing that bugged me a bit was my dad had to meet her at our reception site which was quite a ways away from our church, to pick up our bouquets the morning of the wedding.  It didn't bother me too much because it was such a distance for her to go and it worked out fine.

So sorry to hear that you weren;t happy with what you had :(
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_married-vendor-reviews-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:08ba5536-a894-4582-bd42-8c7308646c7dPost:2f1c22c6-f526-4836-b405-4fd248613016">Re: Married!! Vendor Reviews (Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bummer about your experience with Lacey!  I too had troubles getting her to respond quickly to emails but after all the rave reviews on here I wasn't too worried.  Luckily everything she made for our wedding was perfect and just what I had asked for so I had no complaints there.  I LOVED OUR FLOWERS.  The only thing that bugged me a bit was my dad had to meet her at our reception site which was quite a ways away from our church, to pick up our bouquets the morning of the wedding.  It didn't bother me too much because it was such a distance for her to go and it worked out fine. So sorry to hear that you weren;t happy with what you had :(
    Posted by kaylas16[/QUOTE]

<div>I had a similar experience.  Communication was an issue for me too, but the last couple of weeks before the wedding I had no problems.  We were thrilled with our flower and couldn't be happier.  I'm so sorry you didn't have the same outcome!  I do think she is one of the most creative florists out there and she is affordable because this isn't her primary business. </div><div>
    </div><div>It seems like some of the amazing vendors that become popular on this board can sometimes begin to falter when their popularity exceeds their capacity to provide good customer service.  I think S&C was the most obvious example. They had stellar reviews when I first started coming on the TK and the communication really bombed this spring.  If it weren't for the awesome artist I used who always kept in touch and made sure things were in order, I would have dropped them.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards