New Jersey - South

Merion Brides - Hotel Recommendations?

We booked our venue at the Merion and are looking into where to reserve a block of rooms for hotel guests.  Just curious to see where other Brides (past or future) reserved their rooms.  The most important factors to my fiance and I are 1. That a shuttle service be provided from the Hotel to the Merion before and after the Reception, and 2. That our guests are taken care of and will not have to worry about anything.  We were very hesitant to book a venue that did not have a hotel attached, but fell in love with the Merion, so compromised on that factor!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Merion Brides - Hotel Recommendations?

• I went to a Merion wedding that organized hotel accomodations at the Wyndham in Mt. Laurel on Rt 73.  It was a 15minute ride, or so, to get to the venue.  They also provided shuttles vans, though the ride home was very cramped since most guests waited for that last shuttle ride departure to leave the reception.

There are also a few other hotel options right along that stretch of 73, as well.  Being located next to major roadways like the Turnpike & 295 are also a plus for this stretch of Mt. Laurel.
  •  We used The Wyndham for our block for The Merion and we had a great experience with them. A MUCH lower rate than I saw others get at other hotels in the area and we had an easy time dealing with Stacy the Sales Manager. She was super quick in responding to emails and phone calls and was very clear in everything our block included. We got an entire floor that you needed a key card to access all to ourselves and the morning after the wedding after the wedding they even set breakfast up for everyone on the floor. They also kept the bar open an extra two hours after everyone got back from the wedding for us all. We had a free shuttle to/from The Merion two hours before the wedding and two hours afterwards as well. All in all I would highly recommend them! Our coordinator at The Merion (Stephanie) used to work at The Wyndham so I think that's why they have such a good relationship with them.

Good luck with the Merion!! It was such an amazing venue and we loved every moment of dealing with them. You will be so happy to get married there! Let me know if you have any questions :)
  • Thank you ladies! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards