Not Engaged Yet
Options

It is official! I have a venue!

Finally, after looking for the right venue, we found one!  To catch some of you up, we were wanting an indoor ceremony and reception and one where we didn't have to change the ceremony site to the reception site. We wouldn't have hated it, but since we are planning on doing most of the decoration set up ourselves, it would have been very difficult to work out I thought. So, we decided we should change our search... instead of looking for the actually wedding venues, we should start looking at hotel ballrooms and convention centers. 

So... we decided to have the ceremony in a church and the reception at a convention center. And it is actually perfect for us. The church is the church that I went to as a child, and is absolutely beautiful. They have this amazing garden next door that has little bridges and benches and trees. I can just see taking pictures out there. It is also a stones throw away from the river so we can take some pretty pictures down my the river too! The church is the oldest church building in town, so it has the old town feel to it, and it has a lot of history. It is actually a Historical Site, so I think that is really cool too. Plus, I'm fully in charge of the ceremony. I can bring in my own person to marry me, so it isn't like I have to adhere to a strict religious ceremony. 

We decided to rent the entire convention center, and this place is amazing. It is only a 3 minute drive from the church and is litterally down the road, so guests won't have to go too far. Oh, and it is right next to historical downtown/main street, so I have the opportunity for some pretty kick butt pictures there too! At first I didn't like the idea of a convention center, but this place is only a year old, it will be two years old when I get married, and is super modern and up-to-date. It fits into what FI and I pictured for our reception too. Oh... and did I add that they HAVE uplighting available, included in the price? A 30' x 30' dance floor (well up to that big), LOTS of restrooms (at least 30 stalls for the ladies! and about 20 for the guys) so no lines, a huge, modern, and up-to-date catering kitchen, a beautiful entrance with a really Texas, but elegant, feel. A pretty bridal room, and you can rearrange some of the "meeting" rooms into a grooms room. 

So it is official, I am getting married on July 20, 2013! Now, let me go get that there wedding ticker-ma-bobber.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It is official! I have a venue!

• Options
    SQUEE!!! Do you have any pictures or a link to their website?

• Options
    I took a TON of pictures of the church and am trying to get my stupid phone to upload them (and it is winning the fight) but here is a link to the reception site.:
    Go to photo tour to see the pictures, or you can look out the floor plans. We'll be using Ballroom A and B for the actual reception, and Meeting rooms 117-119 as the cocktail area (plus south arbor outside) and Meeting Room 116 for the Groom's room. True, the restrooms are right next to each other, but the bride's room has it's own private door to the bathroom! Yay!

Oh, and I over-estimated the bathrooms.. there are only like 21 female stalls...and 12 for the guys. I still don't forsee long lines though!
  • Options
    It sounds so beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to find everything you wanted all nearby. And, lots of potties!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    WOW, Congratulations!!!! =)
    Daisypath Friendship tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    It looks awesome! It also sounds like a huge venue. How big are you estimating your guest list will be?

• Options
    That's great congratulations on your venue and wedding date!
  • Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on setting the date!

Did anyone see the bandana wrapped around a flower vase for one of the wedding pics. I LOL'd.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    Thank you all! I'm am absolutely thrilled to have found my venue!

Beth - It is a HUGE venue! Originally we were thinking like 75-100, then it grew to 100-125, then 125-150, now we're at 150-200. So we're planning for a pretty large reception. The church seats about 150 comfortably, but then has room for about 25 chairs in the back (not ideal) so I am hoping we can keep it around 150, but I come from a large family, and since I am getting married in my hometown, I foresee us having to struggle to keep it 150. FI's guest list is like 40... 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_it-is-official-i-have-a-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e9acbe40-6b6d-4605-a4cb-2275c5047ba6Post:422ddad8-d7df-451e-ac21-fd07b5e67007">Re: It is official! I have a venue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is awesome! Congrats on setting the date! Did anyone see the bandana wrapped around a flower vase for one of the wedding pics. I LOL'd.
    Posted by jaycee7389[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh I just noticed it! Ahahaha! That is funny, but I'm not shocked at all. </div>
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    Yay!  Congrats on setting a date and choosing a venue!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    Thanks SKP :)

Oh, I just realized I am at the 1 year, 1 month, 1 week, 1 day mark. Hehe. Oh, and today is exactly the 3 month mark since he proposed. 
  • Options
    Yay congrats on finding a venue and setting a date!  The church sounds gorgeous.

Anniversary

• Options
    The venue looks beautiful! Congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks Danser, I am really excited about getting married there!

Thank you Tiny Feet!
  • Options
    It looks great!  Congrats on finding a venue and picking your date :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats! My parents live right outside of Bastrop and I looked at having my wedding there. It's gorgeous.
  • Options
    That looks lovely, congrats!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_it-is-official-i-have-a-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e9acbe40-6b6d-4605-a4cb-2275c5047ba6Post:d2d0c964-0528-458c-b457-ebc96d4b6d91">Re: It is official! I have a venue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! Congrats! My parents live right outside of Bastrop and I looked at having my wedding there. It's gorgeous.
    Posted by niknik15[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah it really is, the town I mean. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the wedding that was there last weekend. It was a local family (a BIG family) and the cousin of Colt McCoy (or some relation) and the guest list was like 500. The wedding is going to be featured in the Austin Bridal Magazine.</div><div>
    </div><div>And thank you all still for the congrats! I'm actually meeting with a friend right now to start working on details. Eeeee!</div>
  • Options
    That's cool. I'll have to keep my eye out for that magazine. If you need any help let me know! I like crafty stuff and I'm in Austin/Bastrop often.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_it-is-official-i-have-a-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e9acbe40-6b6d-4605-a4cb-2275c5047ba6Post:f2a1fc92-3cbf-4437-a0f9-2e747479446c">Re: It is official! I have a venue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I took a TON of pictures of the church and am trying to get my stupid phone to upload them (and it is winning the fight) but here is a link to the reception site.: <a href="http://bastropconventioncenter.com/" rel="nofollow">http://bastropconventioncenter.com/</a> Go to photo tour to see the pictures, or you can look out the floor plans. We'll be using Ballroom A and B for the actual reception, and Meeting rooms 117-119 as the cocktail area (plus south arbor outside) and Meeting Room 116 for the Groom's room. True, the restrooms are right next to each other, but the bride's room has it's own private door to the bathroom! Yay! <strong>Oh, and I over-estimated the bathrooms.. there are only like 21 female stalls...and 12 for the guys. I still don't forsee long lines though!</strong>
    Posted by LilTexasGal[/QUOTE]

<div>Our venue had two stalls for the ladies and something similar for the guys (I didn't go in to look). We didn't have any problems with lines and we had 100 people. That's the last thing you'll need to be worried about.</div><div>
    </div><div>Congrats on finding your venue!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_it-is-official-i-have-a-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e9acbe40-6b6d-4605-a4cb-2275c5047ba6Post:b4b6a97c-ecc0-4129-8ab2-5ebe3e81db63">Re: It is official! I have a venue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It is official! I have a venue! : Our venue had two stalls for the ladies and something similar for the guys (I didn't go in to look). We didn't have any problems with lines and we had 100 people. That's the last thing you'll need to be worried about. Congrats on finding your venue!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Oh I only mention it because waiting in lines for the bathroom is one of my pet peeves (especially when I gotta go right now!)  - it is the last thing I should be worried about, and now I won't have to worry about it at all. Hehe.

Niknik - Thanks for the offer! If I find myself over my head I'll make sure to hit you up. :)
  • Options
    Congratulations on finding your venues!  They sound lovely!  You are so smart to think about all the photo opportunities near by.  :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_it-is-official-i-have-a-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e9acbe40-6b6d-4605-a4cb-2275c5047ba6Post:a701ba87-6403-4b18-afe6-600a14cb2e78">Re: It is official! I have a venue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations on finding your venues!  They sound lovely!  You are so smart to think about all the photo opportunities near by.  :)
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I actually started thing about the photo opportunities when we looked at a venue that had absolutely no good place to take photos after the wedding, they actually suggested that we all drive to a field about 15 miles down the road AFTER the wedding to take pictures. Since then I've had my eyes peeled, looking for nice places to take pictures. I think I really lucked out with how pretty their garden is now (when I went to church there it was just a bench under a tree).
  • Options
    I'll add in for the billionth time and terribly late - Congrats!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards