Getting in Shape

Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD

I just started the Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD last night, and so far I am a little disappointed.  It was 30 mins long for the first level (including a 5 minute warmup and 5 min. cool down).  I was sweating and my heart was pounding, but I didn't feel like my muscles were challenged and today I am not sore at all :(  It says to wait 2 weeks before going to level 2.  Has anyone tried this before?  Do the levels get much harder?  Otherwise, I may need to try a new workout soon.  How long do you usually try something before switching to a different strategy?

Re: Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD

• If i don't feel challenged at all, I up the level.  Generally, i give everything ten days.

What other workouts have you done that have challenged you?
  • My FI works at Xport Fitness and although he works in sales, he is friends with a lot of the trainers so he will come home and he and I will work out together, with him showing me a lot of the exercises he learned at the gym.  I just want to do something else on my own and I was hoping some of these dvds would do the trick.
  • I know this is said over and over but have you tried the 30 Day Shred video from Jillian Michaels?  Most people agree that it's pretty butt-kicking.  I felt the burn for most of the 30 days.

I'm redoing it on a speed schedule to prime myself for Insanity and p90x.  I definitely would not classify it as unchallenging.
  • I have it on order...I've been waiting for it to arrive in the mail.  I ordered a few Jillian/Bob dvds and the boot camp one was just the one that arrived first.  My other question was that my FI is always telling me that circuit training is bad because you are working the same muscles every day without giving them recovery time...any thoughts?
  • I've never done the BL Bootcamp DVD, but I have done several Jillian Michaels' DVDs including the 30 Day Shred.  I am a fairly athletic person, so the 30 Day Shred quickly became too easy for me.  Instead of giving up on that DVD, I bought ankle weights and wrist weights and used them during my workouts.  They definitely helped.  Like I said, I'm not familiar with the BL Bootcamp, but maybe adding the ankle and wrist weights would help you get more of a challenge.

I personally haven't had any issues with the muscle recovery time when circuit training.  I had spoken to personal trainers back when I belonged to a gym and they had mentioned that when weight lifting, you shouldn't focus on the same area every day.  For example, if you do arms on Monday, you should do legs on Tuesday rather than a second repetitive day of arms.  I didn't think this applied to circuit training.  I could be wrong though.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards