New Hampshire

Newbie/Intro... and need HELP! :)

Hi all,

I was addicted to this board years ago when I was helping my friends with their weddings... well it's my turn now!  Yay!  FI and I got engaged before Thanksgiving and we're getting married on Squam Lake on September 10.  We live a little south of Boston, but my parents live on Squam so we'll have a Church Island wedding (knock on wood for good weather) and a tented reception in Center Harbor.

We have most of the details figured out, but are struggling with two things - VIDEOGRAPHER and TRANSPORTATION!

We splurged on our photographer... so now need to be as cheap as possible for a videographer, but still hope to get something decent out of it! 

We also have 90% OOT guests who will be staying in Meredith - so we want to transport them to the boat docks for the ceremony, then from there to the reception, and from there back to the hotels - we're paying for this ourselves and limited!  But safety is important to us...

Any help you all can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!  Look forward to getting to know you all!
-Vanessa

Re: Newbie/Intro... and need HELP! :)

• MrsScotty1011MrsScotty1011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I plan to use Rebecca Curtis for our videographer. I think her prices are great, and I knew she was right pick for me when I was watching a video of her of a total stranger, and it brought tears to my eyes. Her website is http://www.curtisweddings.com/

For transportation I do not have any recommendations, unless you are looking for a school bus- then I do. HAHA- FI's parents own a transportation company. Good luck! You picked a great area for sure!
  • ericcaahericcaah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't have any recommendations (sorry!) but did want to say HI and welcome to the board! Congrats on your engagement and happy planning!

Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! 

And YES - school buses would be perfect!!!!  You're FI's fam owns a company that does them???  Would LOVE any info you can provide!!!  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I also don't have any specific info, but wanted to say hello and welcome!  The link in my siggy titled NH Knotties may have some info that could help you.  Good luck and happy planning!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    I just wanted to say hi as well!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats!!!

I have to second Rebecca Curtis.  She's very inexpensive, as long as you're not expecting a "production" you'll be happy. 
    My favorite part was the online short video she had ready before we got back from our honeymoon

http://www.vimeo.com/6674118
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Rebecca Curtis, I knew her back in HS she's very professional and a sweetheart.  I do agree that you won't get the most professional quality, but you'll also save.

If she is booked you could try Dean Zanello, again not a professional and a little more expensive than Rebecca, but he's good.

Congratulations on your engagement and happy planning!
  • EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & Welcome!

We are also using Rebecca Curtis for our March wedding. I have only corresponded with her via e-mail, but I have been really impressed with her so far!

We are using two school buses to transport guests between the ceremony and reception venues. Even though they are only a 10 minute walk from each other we thought this was an easy way for guests to get between the venues and only have to park at one place. This was a great affordable option for us!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU all!  You don't disappoint!!!  Loved the short video clip - brought tears!  Thanks a ton!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a newbie to the site AND to NH so I don't have any advice in those areas to offer. But wanted to say hello and congrats anyway!
  • MrsScotty1011MrsScotty1011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have an e-mail I could send some contact info? I am checking into it right now.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes!  ritzwrightwedding at yahoo dot com!  Thanks!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!

I went to a wedding on Church Island this summer! It was absolutely beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board and congrats!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards