Arizona-Phoenix

Reasonable RD Budget

I am wondering what everyone thinks is a reasonable rehearsal dinner budget for ~35 people.  We are planning on hosting our own RD because we would never ever ask or assume FIs parents would host unless they offer (and still then we don't want to be a monetary burden).  We would like to do something at a restaurant, but a casual laid back type place.  What do you all think would be a reasonable budget?  Any insights are greatly appreciated Smile

Re: Reasonable RD Budget

• edited December 2011
    We went with Grimaldi's (there are a few of them around the valley) and before booze we are looking at just under $1000. We are assuming 30 - 35 people, and this would include appetizers, salad, pizza, chicken parmesan, baked ziti, and desert (all served "family / buffet style", Grimaldi's Banquet Menu is wayyyy bigger than their normal restaraunt menu which is just limited to pizza). With booze (they charge as you use it), I am guessing a few hundred more dollars.
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a corporate event at the Dave & Buster's in Tempe not too long ago that ran $16pp and included an entree and game card.  Add $2.50pp for soda and you're looking at about $648 for 35 people (before alcohol).

There's such a wide range of options for the rehearsal dinner that I'm sure you could find something to fit almost every budget.  If you have a rough idea of how much you can afford to spend in total, you can break it down per person to help narrow the search to restaurants in your price range.  Depending upon the restaurant, they may be willing to offer a custom menu so you aren't hit with unexpected extras.

Me, I'm tempted to see if BJ's can do a pizza and pizookie bar. :D
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the responses!

Cola, thanks so much for being so open!  I didn't want to out right ask people how much they were spending, but I really appreciate what you shared!  It really helps SO much!
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Buffalo Chip Saloon, which is a cowboy BBQ place in Cave Creek.  For a BBQ buffet (the best BBQ food I have ever had) it was $14.95 per person, which included a salad bar and more food than you could ever eat.  We added a peach cobler for $2 per person and $4 per person for unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. We had 24 people and after tax and grat it was a little over $650.
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing ours at Maggiano's.  We went with their unlimited family style dinner in a private room. FI's family is hosting, so this is one area that I didn't plan... phew :)  For dinner and drinks for 40 guests, it's going to be $1500.
    Photobucket
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Actually prices for this seem higher than I had planned (of course that is nothing new!).  Fi parent's have offered to pay, but I"m not sure how much they were expecting. 

How far in advance did everyone book RD place?
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE you BJ's pizza and Poozokie idea Celles! I wanted to do a pizza bar for our rehersal dinner and never thought about BJ's
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help!  I thought it would be WAY more expensive so it's nice to hear that I am not going to have to sell a kidney to pay for the RD!  
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours at a chinese restaurant that DH and I went to when we were first dating... It was lots of fun, its an oooold place thats been there for forever. Super kitchy, flamboiant place! We just did a bunch of pupu platters!
    Our RD was 100 people and I think the food was about $800-1000! Super cheap!

Its the Golden Phoenix on 16th and Bethany home and they have a private room that seats 100 that they dont charge you to use!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards