Getting in Shape
Options

Running shoe vent

Sorry to complain, but I need to vent somewhere. I live in a small town in a rural region of NY. The only place around here to buy running shoes is a small Olympia with a small selection. FI and I spent too much money on our deck project this summer and our school tax bill just showed up and is twice what we expected it to be, so money's a bit tight. In an attempt to save $20 I bought a different kind of running shoe than my usual Nike Free when I needed new ones a few weeks ago. Ever since I've been having shin pain. I've had shin problems on and off for the 12 years I've been running, so out of frustration I went on Nike's website to check out more about what I bought on a whim to save a few dollars. Turns out Olympia had their shoe displays mislabled. I bought walking shoes instead running shoes. I feel like a dumbass and I'm so angry that Olympia made such a stupid mistake. Now I get to go spend another $100 on some Free's, like I should have just done from the start, and I'll be out the $80 I already spent essentially. Hopefully I won't be hobbling around too much for too long. I just got back from a horrible run that I cut short due to my shins starting to get that splintering feeling in them. And to think, planned to go spinning tonight but I stupidly forgot to throw shorts in my gym back. Such a dunce. 
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Running shoe vent

• Options
    Didn't the box say walking?

But anyways, if they mislabled them, why wouldn't you go back there and complain?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I plan to go complain. They keep the boxes in the back. They were out on the "running" display and one of the workers had to go back and find my size. I just assumed they were labeled correctly on the wall. I guess I shouldn't put so much faith in high school kids working for minimum wage. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    So sorry to hear the shoes are bringing back an old pain. Since you know what shoes you prefer, have you ever tried ordering them online? I know you can't always find every shoe at the online retailers, but Zappos.com and DSW.com have huge selections and might have what you need (and even last year's models on sale!). Zappos has free shipping both ways, too -- so if you don't like them, you ship them back at no cost anytime up to 365 days after buying them. You might also check the Nike retail site, since they do have their own outlets. 

All that said, I like to support local stores when I can, but if the local store isn't living up to what you need, online is always there. When I got refitted for running shoes at my local independent store, the lady sold me a pair of shoes that was a model year or two out of date but they were full price at the store -- imagine when I want online and saw that the shoes were available for HALF THE PRICE everywhere! Now I'm back to my original shoe, bought either at Omega Sports here in town or online at Zappos. Sigh.

Good luck to you....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards