Pennsylvania-Central

picture table at a wedding reception

im looking to do a picture table at my reception to save money instead of doing a slide show?? any ideas??

Re: picture table at a wedding reception

• I think a picture table is a cute idea. Depending on the theme of your wedding possibly try to find a bunch of unique frames and highlight your favorite pictures instead of overwhelming the table. Or you could even put the pictures on the tables the guests are sitting on and it might caust them to mingle to other tables to see them. Just brainstorming, hopefully it gives you some ideas!
  • Definitely a picture table.  Slideshows are kinda overdone in my opinion.  Check out Tuesday Morning if you have one close to you.  We got tons of frames for so cheap!
  • We are doing ours right inside the entry way to the venue.  I've been collecting photos for the last few months and have been purchasing frames at yard sales, dollar store, etc.  Below is a pic of the sample set up with candles and an easle (you can barely see) that will hold a sign. We have a lot more frames now in all different sizes to accomodate. 

My goal is to have the wedding picture of most, if not all married attendees; and we've requested help in this effort on our wedding website.  My biggest project is getting my fiance's parent's wedding picture restored.  They were married 45 years ago at a JOP and have just a tiny little photo that a family member took.

photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_picture-table-at-a-wedding-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:b36f3c58-a3e5-4ff5-a144-30a0fd095611Post:a1c88961-5945-4413-a4ca-42240b536f59">picture table at a wedding reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]im looking to do a picture table at my reception to save money instead of doing a slide show?? any ideas??
    Posted by brownistudent05[/QUOTE]

I like the picture table idea!
  • From my experience as a planner, the slideshow would be less expensive.  For a picture table, you have to have linens, frames, possible reprints, and if you want to decorate the table, that all adds up.  It can be done within a budget, but still needs some money put into it to look decent. 

A slide show is simply electronic pictures, put together in MovieMaker (or similar software) and the venue usually has AV to hook up to on your laptop.  Does your venue have AV or do you have to rent it all? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards