August 2012 Weddings
Options

Check for my mom :)

Well kind of a check
I can not tell you how long and sometimes annoying the mother of the bride dress search has been. It has taken longer than my wedding dress search adn my mom has been to over 12 stores. At one point she was trying on the same dresses at different stores!! I was starting to get really frustrated because it just seemed like she was more confused than ever. So last night I helped my mom narrow it down to two choices. Both look really flattering.

The first would be in either an "ocean" (sea blue green color) or a darker gray

and the second, she was thinking of champagne but she actually LOVES the color it comes in

She's waiting for the first one to arrive in teh store (Norstrom ordered it from another store in her size to try on)...and then she will decide.
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Check for my mom :)

• Options
    whopps the dresses shold be switched
    the first one is the one she loves the color in the second one is the one she'd get in gray or seablue
  • Options
    Wohoo!  I love that pink dress!

We had the same difficulty with finding my mom's dress - I began to get more stressed over that than over my attire.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My mom hasn't even started looking yet!  She said maybe in June or July!  I love both of those dresses!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My mom got her dress right after I got engaged. I didn't even know she bought one until she showed it to me before we went dress shopping one of the times I came down to visit her. I really like it though. She got it at Dillard's.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    Ya I really liked them both. The top one is a bit more "mother of the bride." but it was super super flattering on my mom. I am just going to be happy when she choses one and I am glad she has it down to two.
    The first one she has to decide on soon because it takes 12 weeks to come in.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh I LOVE the second one... I saw it in the seablue color at Nordstrom and called my mom immediately.  LOVE it! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Both dresses are very beautiful!  She can't go wrong with whichever one she chooses.  Both my mom and my FI's mom found their dresses last week.  Both of them were really stressing about it, and growing frustrated, just like your mom.  Both of their searches definitely took longer than my dress search as well - I picked mine out in a day and they both went to multiple stores!  
  • Options
    My mom keeps calling me to say she has been going to more stores at night.I tink sometimes its hard because they just want to look perfect, just like we do.

My mom was originally looking at short- but went with a long after I siad "when will you ever wear a gown again"...

Also- I didn't mention this but my mom is 4'10 so each of these dresses was about 14 inches too long lol
  • Options
    Those dresses are GORGEOUS!!  I can understand your Mom's height, I am barely 5' (5'0.5" to be exact)!!

My Mom has been looking for dresses, and I told her she can where whatever color she wants and whatever makes her comfortable (even if it is a pants suit)!!  She is looking at red and black dresses (those are 2 of my colors) and has found a few "maybes" but isn't trying anything on yet.  When it gets closer to summer I am hoping to be able to go on a mother/daughter shopping trip with her to look at dresses!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards