Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Alterations Recs

Hey ladies!

Please share your alteration vendors! I know about Louise, of course. I am a bit hesitant to work with her since I have heard some people on here say she works on her own timeline and sometimes can book more brides than she can handle...the reason being that I won't arrive in the Twin Cities until Auguest 18 for my September 10 wedding and I need someone who will be able to do all of the alterations within that set time frame.

Did anybody work with anyone else awesome? TIA!
Anniversary
White Knot
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Alterations Recs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many alterations do you need done? I used someone named Heather (in Woodbury), and she was able to accommodate me on a week's notice.  I only needed a bustle (although it was 15 points), and she had it done in a week.  It may have been more like a week and a half? (but still way earlier than I needed it.)

But I really don't think that's her in the website that's linked. weird.

Anyway, she was great. Super friendly, and obviously knew what she was talking about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what I'll need yet, because I'm losing weight...If I lose about 5-10 lbs more, than I think the dress will fit like a glove; I can get it zipped right now, but it's tight. If it fits perfectly, than I'll just need clasps put in for the cap sleeves and by the zipper. If it doesn't fit, then I'm not really sure all that will need to be done.

How expensive was Heather? Her location is perfect; our parents both live in Woodbury.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing Tammy's Tailoring in Plymouth. If you plan ahead she would probably be able to accomodate you.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sodara Ung is recommended by the Wedding Shoppe and I have used her twice before for BM dresses and am now using her for my bridal gown.  She's good - her prices may be a little higher than some, but she's fast and the quality is top notch.  Go to the WS website or let me know if you want her info.
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ditto Sodara!  She totally saved the day when another seamstress totally botched one of my sisters' bridesmaid gowns from my youngest sister's wedding.  When it came time for my wedding, it wasn't a question - we went there.  I should have taken my gown there too but hindsight is 20/20.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going through amazing alterations and she has been awesome.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Emily- she was $10/bustle point. So mine was $150, but my bustle was kind of ridiculous (I had no design on the back of my dress, so there was nowhere to hide a bustle on the outside.)  I LOVED the bustle I had. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards