Ohio-Cincinnati

kolping center

Has anyone had an event at the kopling center? My aunt had one there a long time ago.  Has anyone been there recently?

Re: kolping center

• I've been there for non-wedding receptions. It's big - but just a "typical" banquet hall - and the food was mediocre - but maybe it's better for Weddings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Friends of our had their reception there back in september- it was nice- i will agree with previous poster- very banquet hall-ish, but nice. It is big, I believe they had around 250 guests, and we were all seated very comfortably. Food was alright.
    Anniversary
  • I'm actually looking into this venue now! I met with them last Saturday and I'm meeting with them again this Saturday (with the groom-to-be). Beth is the coordinator and extremely nice!  She'll answer all of your questions thoroughly and show you everything you need to see regarding the big day. The other comments are true - it's very much like a reception hall - except the ceiling is 18-20 feet high! So it's not a "basement" look like some banquet halls have!!  The main room is HUGE with hard floors, and can be sectioned off very nice. Outside (back) has a pretty nice wooded area with lighting for a ceremony. The stress reliever here - if you opt for the outside ceremony, and it rains... you can use the large lighted pavillion between the reception hall and the wooded area (it's on concrete, not grass). There isn't a 'plan B' with other places that would still let you be outside. You can also do the ceremony in the woods and reception in the pavillion. There is also a Gazebo outside (side area) that could work for small weddings. As far as food goes... I'm not sure yet.  There's a taste-testing if we book, but haven't made it that far yet.  Pricing is great here!  Except for the outside ceremony site, they don't charge for the venue. Instead, the room rental is included in the Per Person cost - which changes depending on the Package that you choose.  Granted, there's an upcharge Per Person due to this... but their base packages included a TON of stuff that other places make you pay extra for.  I'll try to update further after Saturday. --- hope this helps! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards