Flowers
Options

Happy with your flowers?

I am really concerned about my flowers,  my FI wants real and i'm leaning towards fake simply because every bride I have talked to did not get the flowers she ordered/wanted.  So do I trust that my florist can accomplish what I want and do real flowers? or take the safe route and do fake flowers so I can see them before the day off?

Ladies that have gotten married, did you like your flowers?

Re: Happy with your flowers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've not gotten married yet, but I've been to 5 weddings in the past 2 years - and everyone has loved their flowers. What is it that you are looking for in your flowers? I would discuss in detail with your florist what will be in season, what you want, and also what backup flowers you would be ok with (or at least what replacement flowers you would NOT be happy with). 

If you get to see pics of your florist's past work, and your styles agree, I'm sure it will be fine.  I have heard of fake flowers working, but I've never seen fake flowers that I think would look as nice as real ones.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Most every bride I've known loved their flowers as long as they looked presentable and were close to what they ordered. That will be all you have time to notice on your wedding day.   

I think the moreyou expect the flowers to look perfect or exactly like they do in bridal magazines, the more likely you are to be disappointed.  In real life, there are no guarantees on fresh flowers.  The shades might be slightly off, blooms  won't all look perfect, and sometimes stems are wonky and won't cooperate.  

I'd say to ask to see samples of the florist's work, give a good description of what you want, preferably with an inspiration picture, then relax and trust it to be close to what you want.

If you can't do that, then go with the silk flowers so you can see them in advance.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered real and did them myself.  Maybe that is an option for you?  It takes a fair amount of time on the day before the wedding, but the savings are good. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes.  

My florist had been in business for many years, was familiar with my venue, known to my venue and was doing the flowers for my parents anniversary four months after my wedding.  My bouquet was gerberas, calla liilies and deep blue hydrangeas just as I wanted.  

To get this effect, I held meetings six months out, three months out and one month out, reaffirming details as we went.  I deliberately picked in season flowers that were grown locally.  I have allergies so I deliberately picked flowers without a lot of scent.  
  • Options
    soozy87soozy87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered and did the flowers ourselves also. Like PP said, it takes some time but I think the way the flowers turned out it was well worth it!  I LOVED our flowers!
    ~May 21,2011~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards