West Virginia
Options

The CharlestonHouse or Ramada Inn

Does anyone know anything about The Charleston House which was recently sold to The Ramada Inn? 

Re: The CharlestonHouse or Ramada Inn

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of anything about this place. I did google it and came up with several reviews (not sure if it's the right place). I would look over the reviews (if it is in fact the right place) though. Many people did not like the staff or the rooms.

http://hotelguides.com/hotels/west-virginia/charleston/118610.html

http://www.expedia.com/Charleston-Hotels-Ramada-Charleston-Downtown.h8694.Hotel-Information#reviews
  • Options
    emilyhamsheremilyhamsher member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just there meeting with a rep about room blocks, and he showed us the ballroom -- it is very outdated, and the whole hotel is going through a huge renovation. They couldn't even guarantee us that all the rooms would be renovated by September 2012, so we have decided to go in a different direction. I would say look elsewhere - especially if you are planning to get married in the next 12 months or so. 
  • Options
    starbritte1starbritte1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks All
    I don't like the sound of the bad reviews on the rooms and the staff for sure.  I will look elsewhere.

Michelle
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for a hotel in Charleston, you could try the Marriott or Embassy Suites. More expensive than Charleston House, but it's worth a shot.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Fi and I originally considered doing business with them but opted to look at the Marriott Pravillion and needless to say that come June 2012 we'll be partying down at the Marriott it's way more expensive then the Charleston House now the "RAMADA" but will be so worth the cash! we've already paid our deposit.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    starbritte1starbritte1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Again Thanks All
    I went to visit the CharlestonHouse or Ramada recently to inquire about having a 2012 wedding and from the sounds of it they could not provide any information as to when, what or how on the renovations.  Yes that place is very outdated but there is potential but I can not jeopardize my special day.  I will be looking at both the Marriott and or The Embassy - wish me luck!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards