Favors

How much $$ on favors?

I know a lot of people are doing away with favors, or doing a donation in lieu of, but we've decided to do favors for our guests.

So, if you ARE buying favors for your guests, would you mind sharing how much you spent? What do you think is a reasonable amount?

(We're having a Las Vegas destination wedding with approx. 50 guests.)

BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How much $$ on favors?

• angnedangned member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think favors are necessary at all. I happen to think they are a waste of money.
    2 of us- a bunch of you! Celebrating the whole night through!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Sunny - we are also doing a DW in Vegas (and I live in Canada, too) and we plan on getting favors because our guests will travel from so far to be there.  It's the least we can do to show our appreciation.  We will have about 40 ppl (at most).  As for what we will spend, I'm not sure yet but it will probably be something in the $5-10 per person range since our numbers are so low.  I think most brides consider their budget when making this purchase - there are favors out there for every budget. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say whatever your budget allows you to. 
  • edited December 2011
    We lucked out and it only cost us $1 per person for our photostation favors. But I would just decide how much you can afford to spend on favors and see if there is anything worthwhile that you could get in that price range as favors.
  • edited December 2011

You could go with the Vegas idea and give them all scratch off lottery tickets.  I know in FL you can get them in all different denominations from $1 to $5 or $10.  That way you can spend as little/much as you want.  They're also easily packed to traveling.

• cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably going to get the baking on for this one!  We have some great family recipes that I would love to package for my guests.

And I will definitely be making CDs for each group of guests too.  I'm a musician, and FH loves music, so it makes sense for us (haven't decided if I'll record anything for it yet though.  That's expensive, but maybe.).

If I don't record, it will probably cost about $1 per guest.  Otherwise, it would probably be about $1.50 per guest.
  • edited December 2011
    i didnt want to waste alot of money on favors that everyone was going to throw away since i was having a candy station, but i wanted to give my guests something nice that they could enjoy so i ordered gift bags in my colors and had our names and the wedding date printed on it, then i ordered personalized hershey bars and mini bottles of wine,who doesnt love chocolate? i put a little card that read " a loving note can barely say all we've felt this magic day, a special thanks is sent to you for your thoughtfulness and warm wishes to " into each and i threw in a few thank you for sharing our special day mints, they cost about $1,000.00
  • Alley2bAlley2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You spent $1000 on favors...HOLY COW
  • edited December 2011
    I'm spending about $2 per favor. Since most people really do throw their favors away, why waste a lot of money on them?

$1000 is an appropriate amount to spend on favors... if your wedding budget is $100,000 or more. Personally, I say spend whatever you have the budget for, but keep in mind that these aren't things people will necessarily want to keep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hey!

If you are getting married in Vegas, I think these would be suuuper cute!
    http://www.beau-coup.com/mini-gumball-slot-machines.htm
    And, they are only $2.98 per favor! :)

HTH!

~Cmr4828
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing mini bottles of wine with personalize labels ($2.50) and for the kids (and the few family members who don't drink alcohol for different reason) Jones soda with personalized labels ($2). For a total of 181 guests.
  • edited December 2011
    This site has a few vegas related favors all under a couple of bucks

• SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your ideas! We've decided to order custom fortune cookies from fancyfortunecookies.com. They come in a bunch of different flavors and we can customize up to 5 fortunes! Another Vegas Knottie used them and said they were awesome. Now we just have to decide what we want the fortunes to say...
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards