Maine
Options

non-wedding post.

I just got out of an interview. I am really hoping that I get this job, but they asked such difficult questions. It's a health care policy research position at the MA State House. It would be an ideal (well excepting the very small salary...haha) start to my new career path. Here's hoping!

I'm off to study and to a baseball game - anyone have fun plans for tonight or this weekend? Mine include lots of wedding stuff and studying for an exam on Tuesday (I know everyone's jealous of that last part). We're meeting with the venue to finalize the menu, meeting with the florist to finalize the contract, meeting with the music ministry people at the church, getting our e-photos done (finally...), AND hopefully stuffing/sending invites. I am exhausted just thinking about it. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!

Re: non-wedding post.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like the interviewers were interested in you and wanted to make sure you are as good as you seemed (which I'm sure you are).  Good luck!  I work for state gov't right now...good hours and great coworkers. 

I'm picking up my dress on Saturday!  My veil is also in, so I'll collect everything and then find a seamstress closer to where I live and figure out shoes (I bought 4 pairs online, and need to figure out which one to keep).  I'm also getting my hair done to test out the salon that I hope to use for wedding hair.  And I'm going to stock up at Trader Joes and Whole Foods while I'm in Portland (it will probably be disproportionately wine and trail mix).  Some quality time in the car with the dog, and we'll stop at a dog park so she can play a little.  I am hoping to finish the tallis (prayer shawl) I'm making for FI this weekend when I get home. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My shower is Saturday :) Then our nieces birthday party Sunday & my cousins daughters birthday party that afternoon!! AND INVITATIONS MUST GO OUT!
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jessica - Ha....I love the TJ/WholeFoods comment! hahha. I don't blame you for the proportion of wine/food. Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who bought multiple pairs of shoes. I did decide on one pair, but I have yet to return any of the others...we'll see if this happens. :) Um, how excited are you to pick up your dress!!  :):):)

Jpickering - So exciting! HAPPY ALMOST SHOWER! Let the shower goddess be with you and may you get all the great items on your registry! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Plato, I am definitely excited to get the dress.  I had a dream two nights ago that I went to get it and it wasn't right (had all this colored embroidery on it), the veil was wrong (first they gave me a blanket, then they gave me a purple one), and I forgot my shoes.  I buy shoes a lot online from Zappos and return them, but usually I get one pair at a time, this time I got 4 pairs (3 from Endless, 1 from Zappos), but at least they all have a year to be returned unworn, so I like the low pressure.  
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm excited for you to get your dress and veil! Btw, I love that you dreamed that the veil was a blanket. That continues to crack me up. :)

A year long return policy? Hmm...might have to check those out. I just got another pair of shoes yesterday. I am in. love. with. them. They will likely be for the rehearsal dinner: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/via-spiga-malibu-2-pump/3116341?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=via_spiga_'malibu_2'_pump:314165&cm_pla=shoes:women:pumps&cm_ven=Froogle&mr:referralID=NA&mr:trackingCode=7FFF08D4-7CC6-DF11-B003-002219319097 That picture doesn't do them justice. They are kind of metallic underneath the lace. They are hot. Just will need to find a simple dress to pair with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those shoes are awesome.  I would last about 2 minutes probably before killing myself in heels like that, but they are super hot, and I wish I could pull them off.  
  • Options
    amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck on the interview!

I don't have any wedding-related plans this weekend.  I probably should, but meh, I'll do it later

Everyone enjoy the beeautiful weather!
  • Options
    jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    edited December 2011
    those shoes are amazing. i definitely understand the shoe thing. i don't consider myself to be stylish under any circumstance, but i somehow manage to continue to collect shoes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards