July 2012 Weddings

Finally married, back from the HM and almost back in to Normal...

My wedding day was the best. A few minor problems but those are more drama from others.

So the rain that was supposed to happen Fri/Sat moved so it was misting on Sunday July 29th. My GM's- brother and cousin thankfully made the call and moved it indoors after discussing with DJ that misty + setup = not very good.

I sobbed during the walk down the aisle and our vows. I heard from many people that the day was spectacular.

Some drama- I was on a very tight budget and for those that I knew that were truly single, I didn't allow a +1. Besides they were a circle of friends for these people.  

So D, an older woman I know had previously put "and guest" on her response card. I spoke to her about it in May and told her I was at my budget. She informed me the guest was for her young son. I only had the children in the wedding party and was already dealing with drama with one of my sisters about no kids. 

So D knew and life went on. A week before the wedding, I started getting this vibe about her. So I slyly contacted her and said, oh I have you seated at a table of 8 and listed the 7 other people. She had just gotten a man in her life a week prior. Her response was Dude and I will have such a blast.... I explained nicely that we had already talked about and I couldn't accomodate any more people as I was at budget max. All is well.

So at my wedding, she comes up to me and tells me a different dude is coming (Dinner is way over) as he was in the area and knew about the wedding. I kind of did a mouth agape and no clue what to say and being wisked off.

A bit later, I was outside with my brother/GM smoking and telling him how rude it was and I wasn't sure how to handle it. When this scruffy looking old man walked in an rudely bumps into me. So I pulled out the Diva 'tude, which I never do.

Excuse me, I say to him, can I help you? He was all, I'm here to see a friend. I said well this is my wedding (hand wave over self) and I don't know you. 
He said, I'm here to see a friend. I said what friend? He never said, just continued on with a friend and just asked for 15 mins. I was royally pissed but it was the last 30 mins so I said fine, 15 mins. My brother was beyond ticked and my cousin came out and was ready to haul this dude out. I didn't want any drama, so I said leave it, I'm going to enjoy myself.

So I'm fed up with D. Then come to find out that our mutual friend told her it was okay to bring dude after dinner. Her excuse was "D was lonely". 

Other then that drama, the wedding was lovely. People are still talking. The HM was relaxing and having alone time with my new hubby was great.

Re: Finally married, back from the HM and almost back in to Normal...

• Congratulations on your wedding!

Sounds like D was a big pain but at least she didn't try to bring this guy during the dinner portion - I would have gone bridezilla on her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards