Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

DJ Reviews

I'm stuck between two DJ services: Instant Request and Midwest Sound & Lights. Both quoted me the exact same price for the exact same amount of coverage, they both have online event planners, they match you with a DJ based on what you're looking for...essentially, they are exactly the same.

I've found lots of rave reviews for both of them, so what I'm wondering is if anyone has had a particularly bad (or even mediocre) experience with one company or the other. Any info is appreciated!

Re: DJ Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When I started our DJ search, I had already seen Midwest at 3 weddings, and I loved it every time.

However FI wanted to check out a couple of places. When we called IR they answered our questions and seemed nice. What turned me off though was that they sent us a contract with out us asking for one. This seemed kinda presumptious.
    Also I saw a review on yellowpages.com for IR. The company failed to show up for a wedding this last December.
    I definitely feel a lot better working with Midwest.

• Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Midwest Sound, and I loved them!

Full disclosure: I used to work for them and still know a lot of people there. But after seeing how they work both from an employee's perspective and a customer, I would recommend them. They really work to make sure they pair you with the right DJ, they've been around for a long time (around 30 years, maybe a tad more? I don't remember) so they know the business and many of the people at venues around the city. As a customer, I liked that I didn't have to worry about a thing. Paul (our DJ) was at the venue early, I knew he had backup equipment, and we trusted him to show our guests a good time -- he defnitely delivered.

I haven't had any kind of contact with IR.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! You confirmed what I was already instictively leaning towards :)
  • Options
    mzamanda1mzamanda1 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I was told by someone that Midwest Sound does not carry a very large variety of music with them..making it hard for guests to make a song request.  Did anyone experience this?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for letting me know that mzamanda1...I'm out of town right now, but maybe when I'm back I'll give them a call to ask that specific question. I'll let you know what I find out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards