Hawaii

Oh all the reminders

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is on TV right now.  Such a freaking tease to me.  57 more days and I'll be there.  Why can't it be sooner!!  I'm in a weird stage where I'm like let's go time, bring it on...but yet, I want to cherish the moments of saying Fiance.  Reminders are everywhere, I swear!  At the tanning salon, there's a palm tree sticker.  So I put it on my butt today as a joke to FI, haha.  I think I'm going to keep doing it for a little bit!  Then I get random emails about Hawaii.  Anything about the beach brings me straight to thinking about Hawaii.  It's getting to the 100's here and I just want the cool salty breeze!  I feel like obsessed or something!  Anyone else feeling this way, are we all obsessed?!?

Re: Oh all the reminders

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh I've felt this way for months... and we're still over 5 months to go. It's torture! My body may be in MD but my mind has been on Maui for months!
  • aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my, you and me are so close on time, =) I am feeling the exact same way, I think about it constantly, I want it to come, but then again, I want time to slow down!

I have a feeling everyone around me is getting tired on me talking about Hawaii, but I can't help it!

Btw, I love Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and I watch it a lot because it takes place in Hawaii! Love it!
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We watched that last night too. How funny. I am more excited for FI since he has never been there. It has been really fun watching how excited he is getting. 

We leave in 7 days...it feels like an eternity. I am ready to leave now.
  • edited December 2011
    Well if it helps, I'm envious of you gals since your trip is still 'coming up'.  Ours has passed...sadness!  But yeah, honestly, the thoughts of being in Hawaii & marrying DH were the only things that got me through some of the more tiring / stressful moments!

Hang in there...almost there!
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_oh-reminders?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:74f0db52-3ff5-4ff2-89b6-b23f166f812ePost:ff3ddb3b-f013-48d6-b18a-31804b960415">Re: Oh all the reminders</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my, you and me are so close on time, =) I am feeling the exact same way, I think about it constantly, I want it to come, but then again, I want time to slow down!<strong> I have a feeling everyone around me is getting tired on me talking about Hawaii, but I can't help it</strong>! Btw, I love Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and I watch it a lot because it takes place in Hawaii! Love it!
    Posted by aliblu[/QUOTE]

THIS!  I don't think people realized that I talked about it all the time prior because of going there with FI, so now people are like seriously?  Like I have a decal on my laptop that is the Hawaiian islands with the wedding date and people just shake their head at me.  It's so annoying, I just want to get away....to Hawaii obviously, haha!
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With you all the way!! It has consumed me for months but now I'm starting to feel like I need to slow down and savour every moment..... I won't get this time back and it's almost over. It's been a whirlwind of emotions (and drama) but I'm definitely going to miss the planning I think.
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is over a year away, but that doesn't stop me from day dreaming about just going to Hawaii.  I browse through my album of vacation pictures of past Hawaii trips and it fans the flames to go.  My older sister and her hubby and little daughter go every year.  They rotate through the islands.  Last year it was Maui and I was invited to go with them but it fell on the weekend of FI and I's anniversary.  So no go, this year they're going to the Big Island and I so want to go with them.  Just need a nice get away.  FI asked me what i wanted to do to celebrate my graduation I was tempted to say a 4-5 day stay in Hawaii. 
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm ready to be there, too! And I still have over a year! I'm envious of all of you who are coming up in the next few months!
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    edited December 2011
    We were watching that last night too and I swear to you that I said to my fiance (as a girl was getting engaged at the restaurant on the beach) that she was lucky cause she was just getting engaged and here we are and it's almost over....  Believe me, I've been waiting for 15 months now so we are ready, but it's just going to be so bittersweet to watch it pass by us. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • breanessbreaness member
    edited December 2011
    50 First Dates is that movie for me. I love it anyway because it's so freaking cute :)

I really do talk about Hawaii and our wedding ALL the time. My best work friend doesn't seem to be annoyed by it either. He keeps saying that he hopes that one day he has a girl as excited to marry him as I am about marrying FI :)
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, every time I hear Jack Johnson I'm back on Maui!  I'll be there in 5 weeks and 4 days, can't wait!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I try very hard to Not talk about hawaii or the wedding unless someone asks about it, I am SOO thankful for being able to come to the knot and get it outta my system. I know though that my brain is in constant wedding mode and wonder what i'll do with all my empty brain space when this is all over, lol. I can't wait to be able to lay out on the beach on our honeymoon and soak up the sun!
  • edited December 2011
    I wish there was a like button for these messages I feel the exact same way about going to Hawaii! The countdown is on :)
  • moonbunniemoonbunnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are Hawaii obsessed all the time! But we were that way before we started planning our wedding. Forgetting Sarah Marshall was one of the first movies we saw together, and we loved it, and the love story reminded us a little of our story.  We had already talked about going to Hawaii before we saw that movie, so later that year I booked our trip and we stayed at Turtle Bay Resort where they filmed the movie. We have gone every January for the past 3 years, since we started dating. I'm excited for our annual trip, and SUPER excited that this year we are getting married while we're there!

We also went to see Soul Surfer last weekend, because it was filmed at Turtle Bay and in Hawaii. Dan washes his hair with the little bottles of shampoo we stole from Turtle Bay because they are coconut lime scented and they remind him of Hawaii, and today the full sized bottles I ordered him arrived from Hawaii.

We also watch Hawaii 5-0 every week. Dan likes the show, but also likes to see places we've been in Hawaii. It has been a really cold, rainy, yucky spring so far here, so the thought of Hawaii sounds awesome. We have plane tickets booked, I just need the next 9 months to hurry up!

And I think everyone thinks we're crazy too. They are like, why don't you guys just move there? Hehe :)
    imageAnniversary
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_oh-reminders?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:74f0db52-3ff5-4ff2-89b6-b23f166f812ePost:92d41b4a-aa43-44b3-a0c7-f3d5e4c6e647">Re: Oh all the reminders</a>:
    [QUOTE]And I think everyone thinks we're crazy too. They are like, why don't you guys just move there? Hehe :)
    Posted by moonbunnie[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how it came to be we're gettig married there.  If you guys love it so much, why don't you get married there?!?  Hmmm, you're right.  Let's do it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards